Chapter Twenty Nine

Sorrowly, I take a seat on a dark rock only to find that it just torches and kchares my bottom. Achingly, I get up and move to sit on the edge of the river, the water lapping over my feet and licking its way up to my knees. Unlike the dreadfully fiery hot and humid air, the water is cool, a glacier that you may swim in if you'd like. A refrigerator made of water.

At the rumble of my stomach, I rip open my bag and stuff my mouth full of rabbit. With Prim now gone I have twice as much food and only three days to finish it. If Prim was still here it, as in the food, would have lasted us around four days. This gives me more food than I have ever had before in my entire life. I glare hatridly at her pack, wishing death upon it.  Since I took it from her limp dead body, I haven't touched it except for the occasional moving of the bag, and even then I putridly hold it away from myself. Now as I stare at the awful bag I see Prim's knife stabbed in the side of it, dried blood still clings to the sharp serated edges. How did that get there? Did she do it when my eyesight was too blurred to have seen? Maybe, but with the amount of effort it even took her to talk, to breathe, to hold on to life for just a secound more, I doubt she could have been able to shove any  knife no matter how dull or sharp into the thick fabric of her black and grey bag. 

so the question still remains, how did it get there? Did I do it in a fit of rage and furry that I have forgotten about? I press my memory hard but everything that happened yesterday to when I fell asleep late last night or early this morning was such a blur that I hardly remember a thing. All I can remember is coaxing Prim out of life and into death and the rest is just fragments. Her canon blasting sharply in my ears, me bashing into trees and eventually climbing one, starring dazzily and unforgingly into the arena, and nightmares. Many, many nightmares.

Although, all I can be sure about is that I want to die. No longer to I want to unwillingly particapate in the Games, but I promised her and I will not break it. I carry around her last wish and it taunts me yet I will not fail. 

With a big sigh, I stand up and pick my way over the rocks to her backpack, stealing away with the knife and tossing it into the river. 

Sorry if there are any spelling errors. I can't see the screen so it was all typed pretty much blindly.