Chapter Four: Now or Never

Five years ago...

Izzy's POV:

"Wow, I didn't know such a place existed," i said in disbelief.

The place was magical. There was a huge lake towards the north. A little waterfall towads its side. It stood so graceful. There were all shades of color that was extended far across the horizon. Was it an aurora? I don't know. Afterall it was a summer night. But what i did know was if there was such a thing called heaven, this place would best describe it. The heaven.

"You can admire it as much as you want but can you get off from me first? You are crushing me right now. Had i known you were this heavy, i would have never jumped off the cliff with you in my arms. Are you sure that you don't eat anything strange everyday?" I was caught off guard by a deep and husky voice.

"Such a jerk," i hissed to myself. "I have never met anyone so rude in my entire life. It would have been better if i was eaten by the wolves than to be saved by this arrogant jackass."

"Jerk? I saved your life and that's what i get? Wow, you are really mean, aren't you?" he replied in a somewhat teasing voice.

"Okay so i am mean now," I resppnded in disbelief. "We don't even know each other and you have already made fun of me just because u saved my life.. Wait, did i even ask you to? Did i ask for your help? Did i ask you to save me?" (I knew i was talking nonsense by now but he forced me to right? I said to my inner critic so that it wouldn't hate me.)

Silence. There was a complete silence.

"Wow, did i just shut him up? Or may be he was up to something?" Suddenly, i found myself curious. I just realised that i still hadn't had a chance to glance at him. So i decided to sneak peek at him. With that thought, i lifted my gaze slowly. Little by little. Until my eyes finally met his. He, too was staring at me. Deep, too deep. Thats what i thought when i saw his eyes. It was of the darkest color, like the moonless night itself and his vortex was pulling me in with full intensity. I was trying my best to resist his gravitation, his magnetism but all my efforts were in vain.

For a second, i thought time had stopped. Everything faded in that instant. It was only me and him. Yes, me and him. That's when i realized it was really just me and him. As soon as i realised that, my pastel colored cheeks quicly rose to flame. I could feel myself burning. But he was there, calm, staring at me in ways that no one ever had. In fact, no one ever could. But, i could look at him no more. The intensity of his gaze was too much for me. I couldn't handle it. It made me way too self consious and made me doubt everything about me. Not that i have a low self esteem or anything. In fact, just the opposite. I am usually over confident. But, not tonight.

I looked away shyly. But i felt his stare lingering on me. I bet he didn't even blink this entire time.

Noticing my sudden shyness, he let out a little laugh. This embarrassed me. But, the fact that I was still on his arms made me feel more embarrassed than I already was. So, I decided to pull myself away from him. I was about to get up but that was when his hand which had already grabbed my wrist earlier tightened its grip even more and he pulled me with so much force and intensity that I couldn't help but fall right towards his direction.

But, then shit happened.

Our lips met.

Lord, have mercy on my heart. My heart that was beating faster and faster had no signs of slowing down at all. It got louder with each beat. Afraid that he could hear it, i was trying to gather all my senses so that i would be able to resist all this. But i couldn't. This made me so angry.

With so much fury in eyes, I looked up at him ready to kill but then I saw him lay there dumbfounded. Just like me. Dumbfounded by everything that had just happened. He hadn't really expected that either. When I saw him that way, all the anger boiling inside me suddenly melted away. Not knowing what to do anymore, I immediately pulled my hands away from him. This time, he let me go. And, then without a delay, I got up.

After I got up, I rearranged my clothes. There were a lot of bruises all over my legs. I had no idea what to do next. So, I started walking, straight ahead with no direction in mind.

"Stop. Cookie, stop. Stop right there," there was a little urge in his voice.

But, I didn't. I ignored him and kept on walking. Straight ahead. With big fast steps.

Out of nowhere, suddenly he appeared right in front of my eyes. That scared the hell out of me.

"You don't really listen to anyone, do you?" He sounded a little worried.

Right then, a cold breeze passed right through us. I shivered a little. Since it was summer, I had only worn a thin black one piece dress. He must have noticed that I felt a little cold. He removed his shirt and wrapped them around me. He was now only on his white tee and a black jeans. His gesture made me feel so warm and at safe. Just like before.

He, then glanced at the bruises in my legs. Kneeling down, he tore a little piece from his white tee and wrapped them around my wound.

"Isabelle," I said.

He looked up at me not knowing what I was saying.

"My name is Isabelle, not Cookie," I said coyly.

He let out a big smile. Slowly standing, he patted my head.

"I got it. I am Jordan," he replied. "Let's go Izzy. "

***

There you go. Added a lil bit of romance as well.

Now you guyz know how Isabelle and Jordan first met. Let me know what you guyz think.😁 And if u liked it, don't forget to vote.

Also excuse me for all the grammatical errors😬

And yes thank you all for reading. Stay happy and healthy. Sending lots and lots of love 😍☺