Chapter Thirteen: Lyra

"It's over, Leon! Get ready to go to hell now!" Jordan scowled at Leon.

Leon started laughing like a madman. "I shouldn't have understimated you! No wonder you are Lyra's son!"

"Lyra?" Jordan's eye widened at the mention of his mother's name. "How the f-" Jordan hadn't finished his sentence yet.

Bam! A shot was made towards his direction.

Jordan barely dodged.

Another shot was heard. But this one was fired from Jordan's side. And then one more! Two more! The two groups were now involved in a reckless gunfight. The whole situation was a mess. Leon took advantage of this and freed himself from Jordan.

The employee's working at the company were terrified by everything that had been happening. Everyone in the lobby screamed and started running, even the security guard. However, one of them was clever enough to notify the authorities concerned and in about five minutes, all they could hear was police sirens.

The sirens were getting closer. Soon, the entire company was surrounded by the police cars.

Leon's face became wary. He then motioned his men to retreat.
"I would love to play with you, young man! But i can't get discovered yet!" After saying that, he and his men proceeded to jump out the window of the 22nd floor.

Not wanting his enemy to escape, Jordan immediately picked up the gun from the ground and shot him at the chest.

Holy shit!

The bullet passed right through Leon's chest.

A shot to a chest meant immediate death. But Leon was completely unharmed. It was as if he hadn't been shot at all. Not a single drop of blood was shed. And in an instant all of them disappeared.

When the police finally arrived, only Jordan's team remained there. About half of them had sustained serious gunshot injuries that needed immediate attention. An ambulance was called for them. For the other half including Jordan, they were taken to the police custody for futher investigation. But they were soon released after his father, Mr Brandson intervened, who was quite a powerful and influential figure in the town.

Jordan handed over the document to the police team, informed them of all of Leon's shady business and also requested to send a search team for Isabelle. Although Leon claimed that Isabelle had already died, he refused to believe it unless he saw her with his own eyes; dead or alive!

***

After they returned home, Jordan went straight to his room. His curious mind was filled with endless questions. He thought about every little possibilities that could explain the events that had happened this afternoon.

"You brat!" Mr Brandson's voice distracted him from the deep thought.

"Dad!" Jordan faked out a smile.

"Did you have to do that?" He paused for a second.

There was confusion painted all over Mr Brandson's face.

Jordan then shifted his vision towards his wrist and pointed at the watch his father had gifted for his birthday. "Never seen a father put a tracker on his own son! I should have realized this the second you let me go. How stupid of me to think that i could live my life MY OWN F-KING WAY when in reality you had been monitoring my each and every f-king movements 24/7! No wonder mom left you. She must have been sick of your hypocrite behaviour." There was sarcasm on his voice.

"But i guess i should thank you this time since it supposedly saved my life." He finished before turning to leave.

"I did that to protect you." Mr Brandson defended on his behalf but Jordan wasn't willing to listen.

He let a huge sigh before he continued: "I have always known that you hate me because you think i am the reason your mother disappeared." His expression turned from that of an anger to a regret.

Jordan didn't speak a word. His silence hurt Mr Brandson more than the fake smile he had shown him earlier. Somewhere deep down his heart, he hoped his son would refuse saying that it was all just his paranoia. That his son didn't blame him for his mother's disappearance.

"But now that you are already such a grownup, i guess i don't need to hide it any more." He then proceeded towards the shelf in the corner, opened it and took out a piece of blank white paper.

"Are you trying to play with me?"
"What are you doing showing me a blank paper?" Jordan completely lost his cool now.

***

What do u guyz think of this one?

And yes one more thing! I want to thank park_euna who has been there since the beginning and reading and voting my every chapters! So this one is especially dedicated to you!
❤😍