Chapter Six: Curse

In the Cave:

Izzy's POV:

"Immortal? Me?" I gave a hysterical laugh.

There was a silence.

"Am i a beast now?" I asked a little curious.

Not yet, the woman beside me answered caressing my hair. I just realized that all this time, she hadn't spoken a word.

"Does it matter?" the man spoke.

"It matters, you freaking old shit," I lashed at him angrily.

Everything that had been happening these days had already taken a toil in me. Hurting Jordan had killed me from inside. I had lost the will to live. And now i am here, my body perfectly fine and these scumbags are even sprouting some form of complete nonsense that i had become an immortal. If i am an immortal then does that mean i am going to live forever?

"No way."

"I can't let that happen. Absolutely not."

With that, i picked up the dagger again and this time i went straight for my heart. But, as expected, nothing happened. Repeated the whole process again and again.

The woman with tears on her eyes tried to stop me. But i pushed her away.

Did that for another couple of times.

No use.

Finally, the man stepped in. He took the dagger from my hand and dropped it to the ground.

"Why did you do this?"

"Why did you do this to me?"

I grabbed the man by his collar and kept asking him with tears in my eyes.

"Because we need you to kill Mr Leon," he replied.

My eyes widened at the utter of the name. "How did you know that i wanted to kill him? Wait, how did i even arrive here. And i am certain that i killed him. Are you telling me that he didn't die? That he is still alive? Is he an immortal too?"

"I brought you here," the man took a step foward.

"About Mr Leon, we don't know whether he is a human or a beast or an immortal yet but what we do know for sure is that he will never die from the gunshot," the man answered.

"Then what kills him?" There was a flash of anger in my eyes.

"I will tell you when the time is right."

"Tell me now," I demanded.

"For now, you need to take some rest. You were in pretty bad shape when i found you."

"I am not taking any rest. Tell me,now. I will kill him right away."

"Even if i were to tell you, you will still not be able to kill him. Trust me, i will tell you when the time is right."

"But i can't wait for the time to be right. I can't even wait a single sec- "

As i was arguing with this old freak, a blinding light emanated from the red serpent over my arm. Strange patterns of writings appeared and covered my entire left half of the body. The stabbing sensation returned. Unlike before, the pain lasted only a few seconds. But, suddenly, i wasn't able to move.

"See. I told you. Although you have become an immortal but that doesn't mean you can be reckless. You should never let your emotions run wild. Otherwise, the curse will take it's effect and will slowly paralyze you. It will eat you from inside and then take over your human soul in no time. By then, the monster will have ripped you off of your humanity and you will turn into a wrecked monster who has fallen into the hands of the darkness."

"Monster? Curse?" I querried not understanding what he was trying to say.

"Do you remember the red light that was covering you earlier? And what do you think of these? He said pointing to the writings that had suddenly appeared in my body. Then he removed his own mask that had been covering his face and so did all the people gathered over there. I saw that they, too were covered in the same patterns as mine.

The red light is the soul of the devil. And the tattoo is where he resides. These patterns are curses. Curses for breaking the rules of the universe, the old man speaks. Everything comes with a price and this is what we paid to become an immortal.

And, now you have become an immortal too. And you needed to be if you want to kill Leon." he explained.

***

At Leon's place:

Leon's POV:

"How long did i fall unconscious?" Leon asks as soon as he wakes up from what seems to be a long dream.

"For three nights, sir,"one of his henchman replied.

He remembers he was shot right through the chest.

"How could this happen?" Leon speaks astonished. There was a big hole right at the place he was shot. Part of his heart seemed to have disappeared. For the first time ever, he could feel pain. His body ached all over. He had no strength, and he could not even stand. His appearance had changed into that of an old man. There were wrinkles all over his body. Looking himself at this state, blood boils inside him, his anger ready to devour everything on the path.

"That b-i-t-c-h!" Leon yells. "Where is that bitch? Bring that bitch's corpse immediately. I am going to cut her into tiny pieces and feed them to the wolves. Bring her, now," he orders his men angrily.

His men just stand there with their heads bowed down.

"Didn't you H-E-A-R me? You fucking assholes??" He scowls at them.

"We can't find her body anymore," one of them replies.

"Can't find her, huh?" Leon grabs him by the throat and then strangles him to death.

The dead corpse fall to the ground.

Everyone is scared now.

"YOU. Explain." Leon points to another of his men. "How exactly did the body disappear?"

With a shaking voice he replies, "After you had been shot, you fell unconsious. We waited a few minutes for you to wake up as usual but you did not. We felt something was not right. That is when we brought you immediately to the altar. And performed the sacrifices as usual. Since we were sure that the girl would be of no harm since she had already died, we left her corpse there.
By the time we returned, her body had disappeared into thin air."

After hearing that, Leon fell into deep thought.

A couple of seconds passed.

"Go prepare a bath for me," he ordered.

After around fifteen minutes, one of his men returns saying that the bath is ready.

Leon then sets off to drip himself in the bath that had been prepared using dozens of young virgin's blood.

***

How'd ya like it? ☕🍫

In the next chapter, we will go back to the time when Isabelle and Jordan first met.

And thank you all for reading. ❤💋