h a p p y ✨ t a n a k a

kiyoko and i have been friends for as long as i can remember, although we're a year apart in age. but with the club i'm in, i barely get to spend time with her after school.

so when the president of my club canceled our meeting today, i was ecstatic that i got to spend time with kiyoko at the boys volleyball club. hanging out with my best friend and watching hot guys play volleyball, i couldn't be happier.

kiyoko and i walked side by side into the gym and in a flash, two boys ran up to us. one was short and had very spiked up hair and the other one was taller and had a shaved head. i realized the taller one was in a few of my classes but we had never spoken before. both boys looked at us in awe and shouted in unison, "TWO ANGELS HAVE GRACED US WITH THEIR PRESENCE TODAY!" they bowed down in front of us and i giggled nervously.

kiyoko pulled me aside and whispered, "i probably should have warned you about those two. they do that a lot. the taller one is tanaka and the other one is nishinoya. if they make you uncomfortable don't be afraid to speak up, they mean no harm." kiyoko smiled as i nodded.

the practice was super interesting and tanaka was actually pretty impressive. i couldn't help but blush after he made a cool move and winked at me. kiyoko noticed that and slightly smirked.

after practice, kiyoko went to the restroom while i waited outside for her so we could walk home together. i saw tanaka walk up to me and he seemed slightly nervous but obviously covered it up with false confidence.

"hey y/n! i didn't realize you were friends with kiyoko! you should come by more often, it's good to see her smile and talk more!" i was taken aback, thinking he had a crush on kiyoko and probably wanted me to put in a good word for him or something.

i smiled politely, "yep! kiyoko and i have been friends for forever but my club is always super busy! i'll try to come by more often though!" tanaka slightly blushed and said, "good! i'd love to see you around! you seem like a super nice girl and it'd be great to get to know you better." now, it was my turn to blush. did he really want to know me?

"agreed! im always ready to make new friends!" i grinned as i looked up at him. his face was red and i started wondering if i said the wrong thing. "y-yeah! friends..." he scratched his neck and said, "alright i'll talk to you tomorrow ok?" he said before running away. i was a bit startled but brushed it off. kiyoko came out just in time and we walked to her house to study together.

after that day, tanaka and i grew very close. we started talking in our classes and even ate lunch together with kiyoko and nishinoya. tanaka would occasionally slip in flirty compliments towards me but i brushed it off as his flirty personality.

one day, he seemed more nervous then usual when it was just the two of us at lunch since kiyoko was sick and nishinoya had lunch detention. i asked him what was wrong but he replied with, "n-nothing! it's just- i was wondering if you- if we could talk on the roof right after school!" i tilted my head and thought for a second. it must be really important if he isn't going straight to practice. i decided i could be late to my club and nodded at him while smiling. "of course, tanaka!"

as soon as the last class of the day was over i ran up to the roof, excited about what tanaka had to tell me. i arrived there and he was already standing there with a bouquet of my favorite flowers.

"h-hey y/n!" he stuttered while looking at me intensely. i could tell he was super nervous.
"hey tanaka!" i said while walking closer to him. his intense expression turned to a softer one after he took a deep breath.

"you must be wondering why i asked you to meet me up here so i'll say it now. y/n, you may not know this but ever since we've had classes together, i've always thought you were the prettiest person i've ever seen. i never thought our paths would cross and when i saw you that one day at practice with kiyoko i knew it was fate!" he walked closer to me and looked me in my eyes. my heart fluttered.

"y/n, when we actually started hanging out i realized not only are you a beautiful person on the outside, but on the inside as well. y/n i think what im really trying to say is, i like you. a lot. and i was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" he handed me the bouquet and smiled widely. "i've been waiting for you to say that for forever! yes i'll be your girlfriend!" i engulfed him in a hug without crushing the precious flowers.

he walked me home after both my club and his practice were finished. we stood in front of my house and i hugged him again. i looked up at him and whispered, "thank you for making me so happy." i kissed his cheek and left him a speechless, blushing mess. i giggled before walking into my house.

im so glad tanaka asked me to be his girlfriend, and i couldn't be happier.

✨✨✨

authors note: i actually updated two days in a row?? that's absolutely wack! still debating on who the next one shot will be so i guess it's a surprise! also school is officially out so i'll hopefully be able to update a lot more frequently!💖