s o f t ✨ t s u k i s h i m a

to most people, tsukishima is just a rude, arrogant asshole.

but to me, he's just misunderstood.

especially because i know his true, soft side.

when tsukishima and i started dating, it felt like the entire school went crazy. we're basically polar opposites so it was hard for people to wrap their heads around it. some people even asked me if tsukishima blackmailed me or if it was just a joke. i always defended my sweet tsukishima.

since im not a very busy person, i make it to most of his practices. i usually stand with kiyoko and yachi, and we became quite close. which also came with a lot of questions like: "is tsukishima always so broody?" "does he treat you well?" "is he touchy?" "does he have feelings?"

i always respond with semi-vague answers because i know that tsukishima likes his privacy, but i answer enough to where the questions are satisfied.

one particular day, i noticed that tsukishima was way more down than usual. most of the time he hides his emotions pretty well but today was different. i planned on asking him about it after his practice. even at practice, he wasn't doing his best and even apologized to kageyama for messing up which made everyone freak out. practice ended and i waited outside so we could walk to his house to study together as usual.

"hey y/n sorry for taking so long.." tsukishima apologized as he grabbed my hand. i blushed because he usually saved pda for when we were off the school grounds. "it's ok tsukishima! i don't mind waiting." i smiled as we continued to walk.

we made it to his house and i changed out of my uniform into more comfortable clothes in his bathroom while he waited in his room. i came out and noticed he was sitting on the edge of his bed, and he looked like he was thinking very hard about something. i sat next to him and asked, "is everything ok? you seemed kind of off today." tsukishima looked at me and blurted out, "do you think im a bad boyfriend?" i was shocked for a second. was this really what has been bugging him all day? i grabbed his hand in mine and looked him in the eyes.

"tsukishima, no you are not a bad boyfriend. you are so sweet to me and always make sure i'm comfortable. you're my rock and my favorite person. i love you so so so much! and don't you ever forget it!" i said before placing a kiss on his nose. he softly smiled and pulled me in for a real kiss. "thank you, y/n. i love you too. now, can we cuddle?"
"of course, baby!" i replied before getting under the blankets and tsukishima immediately wrapped me in his arms.

we layed there for hours talking about all the little things.

today made me realize just how soft tsukishima kei really is.

✨✨✨

authors note: i didn't update yesterday bcs i had no ideas so i hoped you enjoyed this soft tsukishima story! ily💖