9 - sweater paws

Michael wanted to see Luke's marks. His scars, his bruises, his horrible, horrible past. He wanted to kiss them and make them go away so he could look at Luke's pale skin and not see pain, but see Luke. Just Luke. No step-father, no sadness, just Luke.
It seemed that the blond had done Michael a great disservice in telling him everything about himself, and his past. Because it made Michael realise something. Something quite important.
Michael came to this conclusion while watching The Fault in Our Stars with Luke in between his legs, the blond's quiff tickling the red-head's nose and Luke's warm back pressing, fitting into the curve of Michael's stomach. He was locked in place by the red-head's legs, enveloping him in his black sweater and cologne.
Michael was complaining persistently about how incredibly lame and predictable The Fault in Our Stars really was, while Luke shushed him and pretended he wasn't crying. So instead of watching the movie, Michael began to look at Luke. And not just any look. He LOOKED.

He noticed how the tears fell from his right eye first, softly trickling like a stream from a river into the hollows of his cheeks. Luke's lip ring was ensnared in his clean, straight teeth and badly repressed sniffles escaped him as he snuggled tighter into Michael. And as Michael looked, noting all the beautiful things about the boy between his legs, he was suddenly smacked in the face with quite a conclusion.

"Oh, SHIT." Michael groaned. Luke jumped nervously and quickly wiped away the tears, his eyes slightly pillowy and the ocean was leaking onto his cheeks.
"Poop, Michael. You scared me. What is it?" Luke turned in his position, and kissed Michael on the nose, Luke's spearmint gum wafting into Michael's nose. Michael sighed in defeat and leaned forwards, taking Luke's lip in his and kissing him sort of slowly, but with all the haste in the world.
Michael took a hand and pulled Luke into his lap, resting his back against the bed frame and tilting his head, peppering kisses on the tear tracks flowing like the dotted lines kindergarteners trace when learning to write letters.
Luke mumbled against Michael's lips again, asking him what was wrong. Michael pulled away, resting his forehead on Luke's. He lifted the corners of his mouth and kissed Luke's nose again.
"Well, uh, you looked really sad, Lukey. And I realised that I don't want you to be sad, I want you to be happy. And I'd like to think I make you happy. So, umm, I realised that I, um, I kind of- uh, really think you're..."

Luke giggled softly.

"I love you Michael."

"Bingo. But don't steal my line, Hemmings."

Luke rolled his eyes and tangled his fingers in the sleeves of Michael's sweater. The holes in the soft wool that had evidently been a moth's dessert gave Luke an idea.

Luke sat up and pulled Michael up alongside him, turning off the TV and laughing slightly at the face Ansel Elgort was making when they had paused the film.

"No, no, you suck, where are we going- I was comfy, screw you. Luke, unless we are going somewhere that involves dough, cheese and tomato sauce, then you are on your OWN."

Luke shushed Michael and turned around, pulling a SnapBack to Michael's hair and tugging the red hair into place.

"I'm buying you a new sweater, stupid. And yes, then we are going for pizza. What kind of boyfriend do you take me for?" Luke cocked an eyebrow.

Michael looked up at Luke, midway through pulling on a shoe.
"Boyfriend?" he stammered.

Luke stared bashfully at the floor and chuckled.
"Yeah, I'm leaving the cocky shit to you, I'm sorry I just, I don't know it just slipped out-"

Michael grabbed his car keys and pulled Luke in against his chest.

"Shut up, boyfriend, we're gOING SHOPPING."

Before Luke had a chance to kiss Michael purely out of sheer adoration, the red head was out the front door and in the car. Luke giggled and stared at his reflection in the hallway mirror.

How did he go from being a stupid, beaten up boy from the middle of Hell to having this incredible personification of the word 'cute' saying he loved him?
Luke didn't understand, and so he wouldn't try to. He simply texted his aunt to let her know where he was, and jumped out the front door after his bOYFRIEND (his stomach jumped) and into the October wind.

(a/n: this book is nO WHERE NEAR FINISHED AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU TO SEE WHAT's GONNA GO DOWN no one dies dont worry i love you okay alright goodnight/ good day and yes iLY) ((sorry its so late :( ))