Prologue

5 years ago

"I have been humiliated, beaten, whipped, chained." I grind out though clenched teeth,  trying to hide my anguish as they drag me away from him. 

"Cut, sold like a brood mare and scarred" I continued as they threw me into a cage. The distinct jingle of my chains cuts off my whimper as my back meets the floor. I pick myself up and stand, not wanting to show how weak i felt and grips the bars until my knuckles turn white. 

I bury the pain and betrayal that course though my body, trying not to let it out as the men nod at him and climb onto the carriage. I let a cold facade fall in place as the the metal door of my cell clangs close, the force of it causes vibrations  to cut into my palms as I grasp the rusty metal bars, I meet his eyes, his beautify molten eyes, those golden eyes that once stared at me with adoration and love now are cold and hard, i mimic them.

I see a flicker of deep sorrow, gone so quickly I think I imagined it, in his eyes, as I whisper brokenly,

"Now I can add betrayed to the list"

His body is tense, his muscles bulging with train, hand clenching around a small sack filled with gold coins, no doubt his reward. I hold his gaze, as the rocky carriage takes me away, as the sun sets, and my blood runs down my back, out of my open wounds, painting the dirty ground with little red drops as they drip off the side of the carriage.

 I hold his gaze, silently promising him that I will never forgive him, that I will never forget what he has done until the day I draw my last breath.

He sees all those promises in my numb gaze, his face shuts down. His once golden eyes turn dull. I finally turn my ripped back to him and close my eyes, letting a single tear slip down my dirt covered cheek, leaving trails of white porcelain skin behind.

 And as the cold settles in and the moon rises, I hear a faint roar of utter despair and rage echo through the skies as i become dizzy and fall into darkness.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ta da!, i hope you guys liked that really short prologue, don't worry the chapters will be way longer ;)

ALSO please leave a comment or point out places i could improve, this is my first book so don't be to harsh.

Check out my other story "A Silent Voice"