Chapter 4: Legends Never Die

Admin here, just wanting to tell you something. Song up top is what Weiss sings at her concert once you get to it.

POV: 3rd

"Another day, another adventure!" Nora called out to try and cheer everyone up as they walked. "What's on the agenda today?"

"Walking" Jaune replied as he read the map.

"With a side of?"

"Walking" Ren responded for everyone else.

Ruby slumped her shoulders as she sighed. "Haven is a lot farther than I thought."

"Ruby, how long did you think this journey would take?" Ren asked

Ruby waved her arms around. "O don't know, I've never been this far from home!"

"Right, but how long?" Pyrrha asked

Ruby touched the tips of her fingers together. "Um... Two weeks?"

Rtas facepalmed. "Had we used my phantom we could have already been there by now."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!" The five kids shouted in anger.

"None of you had told me of the journey." They all went wide eyed at the reply, remembering that Rtas knew next to nothing of their planet.

"We could've saved so much time... Had we just stopped for a second... WHY OUR LUCK!!!" Jaune yelled at the sky. Pyrrha went over to help calm him down.

Rtas tilted his head when he saw what was ahead of them. "I thought you said we wouldn't come across another village for a few days."

"Well, yeah. Why do you say tha..." Jaune trailed off as the teens saw the damaged village. They ran ahead to check it out. Rtas scooped up the map since Jaune had thrown it down before joining them.

Rtas suddenly had an uneasy feeling, as if they were being watched. He listened to Ren explain the town they were in, how it was abandoned years ago. Still, he scanned their surroundings. Rtas heard a flock of startled birds so he looked toward where they came from. Rtas?" He looked over to Ruby. "What is it?"

"Nothing, we must go." The elite replied as they continued on.

(In Atlas)

Weiss had just finished her concert. She walked off stage to wipe her eyes and attend the party that her father was hosting, much to her dismay. Weiss wanted nothing more than to NOT be at Jacques side as he made himself an idol. Weiss went to walk off but her father grabbed her wrist. "Where are you going?"

Weiss thought for a second. "I'm... Just a little thirsty."

"Sweetheart, we have people for that." Jacque tried to wave one of them over.

Weiss pulled his arm back down. "No, I can get it. I'll be right back, I promise."

Jacque glared at Weiss for a couple seconds before turning back to his conversation. Weiss took her leave and went to look at the painting that her family was auctioning off, it was of Beacon in all its glory. The headmasters tower seemed to glow in the painting, almost as if it were real. "It's beautiful..." Weiss turned to see a boy around her age looking at it as well. "You two match" he complimented.

Weiss wasn't having it, she knew exactly what he was trying to do. "Yes, it's a lovely painting" she replied with her arms crossed.

"So, that was my attempt at breaking the ice" the boy admitted. "How am I doing so far?"

Weiss sighed. "You are leaving a lot to be desired."

The boy shrugged. "Well I've always appreciated honesty" he said as he offered a handshake. "Henry Marigold."