consequences-request

quinlin
dirty tissues, trust issues
glasses on the sink, they didn't fix you
lonely pillows in a strangers bed
little voices in my head
i sat on my bed, looking around at the trash. i'd been crying more than was necessary. i had been by his bedside for days, despite him being practically a stranger now. that's what the voices in my head kept reminding me.
secret keeping, stop the bleeding
lost a little weight because I wasn't eating
all the songs that I can't listen to, to tell the truth
we had kept each others' secrets for years until the argument. that's what cognates did.
"quinlin? you need to eat, bud. i promise he'll still be here after a quick trip to mcdonald's," i heard elwin tell me. "you've lost weight because all you've injested in fourty-eight hours is water. go get some grub."
all the songs i heard on the way seemed to be about him.
loving you was young, and wild, and free
loving you was cool, and hot, and sweet
loving you was sunshine, safe and sound
a steady place to let down my defenses
but loving you had consequences
loving him was young and had seemed so crazy before the fact. when it happened, it was a steady place to let my guard down. after the fact, i faced the consequences.
hesitation, awkward conversation
running on low expectation
every siren that I was ignoring
i'm payin' for it
after the argument, there was a lot of hesitation and awkward small talk to trust again. at the state i was in, the council's expectations of me were lowered. still, all the red flags i ignored about him still affected me to this day.
loving him was dumb. it was dark. it still pushes me back now. loving him was sunshine before the rainfall. it felled my defenses.
loving alden had consequences.