Lesson 18

💧Allâh mentions in the Qur‘ân benefitting other people alongside worshipping him

💧Allâh mentions in the Qur‘ân benefitting other people alongside worshipping him. His singling out doing good for others emphasizes its importance.

💧Imam AsSa'dî said: There is no way for a person to be successful except by sincerely worshipping the Creator and striving to benefit the creation. So whoever is given the success to do that, this person will have the greatest portion of happiness and success.

💧Whoever gives iftâr to a fasting person will have the like of their reward without their reward being decreased in anything; whoever helps a believer out of the difficulties of the dunyâ, Allâh will save him from one of the hardships of Yawm al-Qîyamah; whoever eases on a person in debt by giving them time, Allâh will make it easy for them in the dunyâ and the âkhirah; and whoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allâh will conceal his faults in the dunyâ and the âkhirah.

💧Allâh will help one to the extent that he helps his brothers and sisters in Islâm.

💧There are servants of Allâh who He has given specific blessings, such as wealth and prestige, so that they help other people; and Allâh allows them to live a luxurious, easy life as long as they benefit other people with their blessings, but if they are stingy with the people in regards to the blessings they have been bestowed with, Allâh will take those blessings away from them and give them to someone else more deserving of it.

💧Allâh gives blessings to one so that he benefits himself and others, and blessings may be taken away if he doesn’t strive to benefit or help others through what Allâh has given him.

💧Doing acts of kindness prevents calamities from happening; giving sadaqah extinguishes Allâh’s anger; and keeping the ties of kinship extend your life.

💧The best of deeds is to bring happiness to a believer by covering his ’awrah (by giving him clothing), relieving his hunger, or fulfilling a need he has.

💧Ramadhân has great opportunities to do good for other people.

💧Imâm Hasan AlBasrî sent his students to fulfill the needs of a particular man. He said to them, “Pass by Thâbit AlBunânî and take him with you.” They went to Thâbit and he said, “I’m in ’itikâf.” They went back to Hasan and informed him. He said, “Go and tell him, ‘Don’t you know that going out to perform the need of a Muslim brother is better than performing a Hajj?’” They went back to Thâbit and told him, and he left his ’itikâf and accompanied them.

💧Doing good for someone may be better than the voluntary acts of worship one is currently engaged in during the month of Ramadhân.