"Once upon a time there lived an idiot 12 year old"

"Once upon a time" I started.

"Do you really have to start it like that?" James asked.

"Yes. Yes I do now shut up" I said glaring at him. I sat upside down on the couch.

"Okie, So once upon a time there lived an idiot 12 year old. Aka me. Mom took my money that I'd kept hidden from her. And so we started arguing and she sent me to my room. Actually no she fucking had her men throw me in my room. And I landed on my wrist. So I got pissed. And the next day, after school, I decided to go on a nice walk to the library. And I snuck in cuz I wasn't a member. And at the time, I thought it was a good idea to use the computer. And hack my mom's accounts. So I just snooped through her things because was a curious child, still am. When I got home, my mom waiting for me.." My voice went high.

"With a few of her men behind her."

"I literally almost shit myself" I said truthfully.

"And fast forward nearly a month later I woke up half dead. Took me to the hospital and said I was jumped in an alleyway" I said.

"And soo she figured out that I hacked her account and.. Yeah. So she yelled at me, hit me, said if I ever did that again then she'll kill me blah blah blah" I said.

"And her men keep tabs on her accounts so.. Once they see that u guys hacked it, they'll blame me, find me and most likely will kill me" I said bluntly.

"Do these.. Men- still watch you?" Cousin Derrick said.

I thought for a second.

"Yeah.. Um.. So.. I know they have people watching over me and all, but I've learnt to outsmart them and like.. Sneak away from them. And eventually they're gonna figure out that I've been tricking them with my little schemes and.. I'll most likely be in trouble" I said again bluntly.

"You say it as if you don't care if you die" Cousin Michael said.

"Well..." I said

"I kinda decided along time ago that.. I would rather live my last moments of life freely than to live the rest of life in fear. It- It's not that I want to die I just.." I hesitated.

"I just don't want to give the satisfaction of seeing how much they affect me" I sighed.

I sat up straight.

"Do you.. Do you know what their illegal business is?" Dom asked

".... Not.. Really?" I came out sounding like a question.

"I know that my mom was.. One of the worlds most famous drug dealers.. Blah blah blah.. I wouldn't call ber an assassin cuz she just ordered her men to do the killing." I said.

There was a long silence until a maid came in.

"Sir, dinner is ready and sat on the table" she said bowing.

Dom nodded and we all stood up. We all went to the dining room and sat down. We all started eating while Dom, my uncles and older cousins spoke silently.

After a few minutes a throat was cleared.

I looked up.

"So, Melanie. We've decided that you will be taking training courses and will be taking fighting classes to learn hand to hand combat and self defense." Dom said. All attention on me.

I smiled and shook my head.

"Yeah.. About that.. No" I said blankly with monotone voice.

He raised a brow.

"Its not a choice" he said.

"Yeah.. It kinda is cuz.. You can't control me and move my body for me. I'm not a robot" I said.