Chapter 8

"If this is love, love, love, if love... What should I do?"
What If Love - Wendy

    After Earth and Kao became official, Kao started to appear with Earth in public more. Both sides of the families, of course, know about this. Kao was even invited to join the Royal Family for dinner a few times. Kao attended many Royal social events, fundraising, or parties as Earth's "plus 1." Gossip about them spread like wild fire in the country. People are curious about the Crown Prince's relationship with the son of Duke Dechaphatthanakun. The Crown Prince had never attend any event with anyone as companion except his brother.

    As much as they want to say it, the magazines can't straightforward saying that they are in an official relationship; because, they don't want to spread false rumor. They are waiting for an official press conference from the Royal. But these two are just so lovey-dovey in the photos, they are too obvious. The most recent event was a horse racing event, organized by the King. The event was intended for the Prime Minister of England, who came to visit Alethea. All of Royal Family members and many Dukes, Duchess, Marquess, etc.... came. Kao sat with the members of the Royal Family, instead of with his dad. Kao and Earth were always close, whispering to each other. Kao walked a step behind Earth when they ascended/descended the bleacher, making sure he could catch Earth if his feet ever slip.... totally boyfriend material. Not only that, the Royal Family treated him well, happily chattering away with him. Even the Second Prince, Fluke, seemed to enjoy teasing and joking with the both of them. When will these editors get a call for a Royal Press Conference? They are frustratingly waiting.

    On the other hand, Earth didn't want to do any conference about his relationship. He is busy enough. He had convinced his father for not doing it. Why does he has to confirm if he is in a relationship or not? His life is already public enough as the Crown Prince. If their relationship goes well, then they can do a press conference during the public proposal. If their relationship doesn't go well, then they can give an excuse saying they are just close friend. It's not that Earth is not proud of his relationship; it's just he and Kao are still getting to know each other, testing out if their feelings can be more. Thus, he is giving both of them a way out in the future without creating a mess in the public's eyes.

    Well, Earth is about to drop a bomb to the curious public. It's his maternal cousin's wedding, Earl Kent, today. It's a family-only event. Yes, Kao is accompanying him. This is technically saying he is considered part of the Royal Family. Honestly, this is his father's idea. The King is already rooting for Kao as the future son-in-law. Earth was hesitant with the idea; but, it was a compromise between him and his father when he tried to convince the King from having that damn press conference. In addition, his cousin is freaking marrying a celebrity; so, there are gonna be tons of reporters. He knows, definitely, his news will probably get all of media attention, instead of the wedding. He can't help but sigh, for the nth time today.

    "Is it me or you seem anxious?" Kao asks, who is sitting next to Earth in the black Audi car. They are heading to the wedding together.

    "No. I was just thinking how we are stealing the spotlight from the couple."

    "Don't worry! By the time the news get released, they are already in honeymoon somewhere, to into each other to notice the news." Kao smiles, making Earth smiles as well.

    Right then, the car stops in front of a beautifully decorated ranch, where the reception is at. Mark, Earth's security guard, gets out and opens the car door on Kao's side. Kao gets out and give his hand to Earth. Earth takes his hand; he is used to this by the countless dates they have together. Then, he tries to release his hand from Kao's hand to hook his arm into Kao's elbow; but, Kao didn't let go. Instead, Kao moves his hands to intertwine their fingers together. Earth looks at Kao with questioning eyes only to receive a wink from Kao. He, once again, lost control of his heart. Everyday, he is falling into this feeling deeper and deeper. He has a plan to deal with the public if their relationship doesn't work out; however, he knows his heart won't have a way out.

    They both head toward the ranch in the blinding light of camera, certainly stealing the spotlight from Earl Kent and his Countess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "So, do you know what are you gonna wear yet?" Prem asks his best friend. He and Fluke are FaceTiming. Fluke was just telling him about Ohm. They are having their first date, tonight. Or maybe, it's the second date if you count that movie night in Fluke's hospital room.

    "No, that is why I have you as my best friend aka my personal fashion designer."

    "Yeah, yeah, yeah.... get your ass up and show me that closet." Prem rolls his eyes.

    "If you are not my best friend, you are already in jail. Who talk to their prince like that?" Fluke says while he is heading to his closet. It is actually a room that is next to his bedroom. He is a prince, after all. He has clothes that are made only for him to attend countless of events.

    "You don't act like a prince to me. Flip the camera so I can see." Fluke does as Prem said. He is now standing in front of the casual section of his closet. Yes, his closet has category. Otherwise, it will take too long to find a certain piece of clothes among the million outfits he has.

    Fluke and Prem took an hour to finalize their choices. At the end, Fluke is wearing a white button-down shirt with a blue sweater outside, jeans, and white sneakers. He can't forget to wear a white baseball cap and a pair of glasses to hide his face. Why you ask? Well, this is also one of the reason that drives his team of security guards nut.

    Ohm and Fluke are watching a movie tonight. If it is at the private theater at the Royal Palace; then, it was ok. But, they are having the date.... at a normal movie theater.... inside a mall.... with tons of people.... triple kill to his security guards.

    It's not personally his fault. It's a first time he is dating a normal person, who is not within his circle of Royal friends. He can't just bring Ohm to the palace to watch a movie. Plus, he has never been to a movie theater at the mall. He wants to experience it, like everyone else. In addition, after his cousin's wedding last weekend, the press is constantly following his brother and Kao. He won't have any crazy reporters tailing him. Thus, he agreed to Ohm's idea when he asked Fluke out. Fluke talked to his personal guards last night. They have swept through the theater, checked every nook of that whole mall. Not only that, they will still follow him, in a less obvious way, to not draw attention.

    "You look good! All thanks to me of course!" Prem proudly says.

    "Thank you, my cutie friend!!! I have to go now! I'll talk to you later ok?"

    "Okie! I'll require every little details later. Have fun! Bye!" They wave their hands and end the call. Fluke looks at himself in the mirror one last time and heads out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry, this is a short chapter.
I am, once again, thank you for all the supports. You all are awesome. ❤️🧡💙💚
I want to let you guys know that I will be posting less frequent from now on. The reason is I have came out of quarantine and start to work again. Thus, I have less time to work on the fiction. Honestly, I already on chapter 16 for the story; but, I'm still developing it. That's why I'm not posting it all at once in case I have to go back and change the storyline somewhere. I hope you guys will understand.
I hope you guys also staying safe out there. Stay healthy everyone!!! 😘😘