Chapter 19

"In darkness, it's getting hard, getting hard to stand."
In Silence - Janet Suhh

It was almost a perfect day. Earth was content when he woke up that morning. His bedroom faced the east side. For all of his life, the golden sunshine had always been his alarm clock. He had a good dream last night. He dreamt of traveling the world with his fiancé, simply enjoy life. Earth was smiling brightly in his dream. Even when he woke up, the smile was still on his face.

After his morning routine, he attended couple of meetings, in place of his father. The King had left the palace early that morning. After months of investigation, they have collected many information on the terrorist group that target the Royal Family. It's called Lewisia, named after the flower that they have found tattooed on its followers during the attack a few months ago. Lewisia have many followers that are religious and traditional. They hated many recent liberal laws, such as same-sex marriage, abortion, etc. Their goal is simple, treason. They are trying to find more clues to find the mastermind of Lewisia; then, destroying it once and for all.

Last night, both the King and Earth read the newest report on Lewisia. The police recently cracked an illegal firearm trade, that transport firearm from Alethea's neighbor country to Lewisia at a border city. They have caught about 50 followers, all high profile criminals. The King decided to travel straight to the city and personally attend some of the interrogation for some clues.

Therefore, Earth had to replace his father. The meetings went by quickly. For the rest of the day, Earth finished reading on other important reports. He tried to finish everything quickly; so, tonight he can fully enjoy himself. The Royal Family is having a celebration dinner for his engagement. It had been a week since his official engagement in front of the country. Due to the busy schedule, they could not celebrate it until tonight. He was excited for the night, finally spending time with his family.

Everything was almost perfect. Almost.

Until Mark, his personal security guard, knocked on his office's door. Until Mark walked in with a grim face. Until Earth heard the urgency in Mark's voice, who told him the awful news. 

"Your Highness, the King's plane was hijacked. It crashed into Algrea forest. The Special Force soldiers were dispatched to the forest for search and rescue. Your fiancé also volunteered. He had gone with them. We are waiting on more news. Please be ready for anything!"

NO! NO! NO!

His brain screams as it had finished processing Mark's voice. His whole body starts to shake. His mind is blank. Earth feels his body falling into an abyss. He kept on falling and falling, nothing to grasp.

Pointless.

Hopeless.

The abyss keeps on swallowing him.

Down.
Down.
Down.

If he reach the bottom of this black hole, would he be broken into pieces, shattered on the black ground? Would he die before he feel the pain? Because his chest is starting to squeeze in pain.

He can't utter a word. He just sit there, loss in the abyss. How much time had passed? 1 minutes? 15 minutes? An hour?

"Earth! Earth! EARTH!!!" Fluke screams while shaking his brother's body. The sight in front of him, causing his heart to shake in fear. His brother, the one who always strong, the one who always try to protect him, is looking so lifeless.

Fluke was in the kitchen when he heard the news. He wanted to make a dessert for his brother, a gift for his engagement. Until everything is ruined by the horrible news. He broke down to tears, didn't know what to do. When he calmed down, he ran to find his mother, only to found her also heading toward Earth's office. Unlike his tearful face, the Queen's face was rather calm. But he knew, he knew under that calm face of his mother is agitation and fear. His mother would never show weakness in front of anyone, except for her husband.

When they arrived at Earth's office, Earth was already in this state. Fluke relieved a sigh when his brother start to move, looking at him then at their mother. They silently hold each other, passing the warm to one another, along with hope. Hope that everything will be fine, hope that their husband/father will come back.

So they wait.... wait.....wait....

Every minute crawls by, weighing on their heavy hearts, more and more.

Tik Tok...
Tik Tok...
The clock on the table continues to walk on, unaware of the tension.

An hour pass... Two hours.... Three hours... Until....

Mark knocks on the door and opens it without waiting for permission. His face is grim.

"Your Majesty and Your Highnesses! They have located and found the plane." Mark finished the sentence, only to take a deep breath for what to come next. The air seems to stop moving, along with the three breathless figures in the room.
"All crew members along with the terrorists were found dead. His Majesty, the King had deceased." Mark grimly finished his report with a deep bow.

The Queen no longer able to hold her mask. She broke down into tears. Fluke is also crying. Outside, the sky had started raining, mourning along with the family.

Mark suddenly moves from his bow, only to kneel down on one knee. He puts his right hand on his heart, his left arm reaches out toward Earth, a gesture that every citizen knew well. It's a gesture to greet a new King of Alethea. "Your Majesty, long live the King!"

The Queen and Fluke try to hold back their tears. They, then, just like Mark, kneel down and do the same gesture. "Your Majesty, long live the King!"

None of them know.

Earth had finally reached the bottom of that abyss, shattered into pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: A super short update.
Wattpad had finally fixed their issue and let me add video. YAYYYY!
I just want to let you guys know the next few chapters will heavily focus on KaoEarth. The plot is really taking shape now. There will be more OhmFluke I promised.
I'm currently writing the last few chapters for the story. I think there will be about 8 more chapters from this one. Feeling so accomplished! 😊
Once again, thank you for all your support! Please keep on commenting and vote. I love reading your comments.
Stay safe everyone!!! ❤️ ❤️