Chapter 10

"I don't miss you. Don't miss me too."
I Don't Miss You - Eric Nam

Kao just finished training his military unit when his father's subordinate came to announce that his father wants to meet him. He sighed and tells the guy that he will come soon. After he freshen himself from all the sweat, he heads toward his father's office. Kao is wondering what is his father want this time. They barely talk unless it's something related to the military. Grew up with little of fatherly love, Kao is used to this "lack of conversation" family. He knocks at the door to his father's office and heard a "come in." He opens the door to see his father is reading a document at his desk. His father looks up and tell him to sit at the sofa.

Once he settled on the sofa, his father asks "How are you and the Crown Prince's relationship?"

"It's fine, father." Kao answers without saying much.

"Fine how? Fine as just boyfriend or fine as he will propose to you?" His father asks again, this time with irritation in his voice.

Kao is annoyed as well. Why does his father want to know so much? "Fine as fine. Why do you care?"

"Why do I care? He is the Crown Prince, Kao. You have to make him propose to you. If you are marry into the Royal Famiy, how much fame and power will that bring to our family?"

Here it is. The real reason why his father care about his relationship this time. This is all his father wanted. This was why he was in that suitor's list in the first place. His father fucking signed him up without even asking him. Kao, once again, is a pawn in his father's hand without a choice. Why can his father act like a father for once and care about his relationship in a different way, instead of money and power? Their family carries the Duke title since the founding of this country. They always have money and power, owning the biggest military ranch of Alethea. But, that isn't enough for his father. He always want more, greedily to the point of manipulate his own son's relationship. Kao is sick of this. He is sick of this controlling.

"Why is it even matter, father? I don't control his heart. It is his choice if he want to propose to me or not." Kao answer angrily, his face frowns.

"Then fucking make him. You already have the opportunity, going to all the Royal events. For what I see, the Royal Family seems to like you already. You just have to try a little more."

"I'll try but i'm not guarantee." He is done with this conversation. He just simply agrees; so, he can get out of here. It's his relationship. He doesn't want to listen to his father nagging at him on what to do with Earth. "Can I go now?"

"Do what you need to do, I want to hear good news only. " His father grumpily says before he goes back to his documents.

Kao leaves without glancing at his father. The faster he get out of there, the faster he can breathe. He can't spend another minute suffocating himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The weather is getting colder as fall gives its way to winter. The end of the year is in 2 months. The holiday spirit is within everyone. The Royal Family is in no exception either. It is the busiest season for them, from social events, holiday charities, holiday pictures, balls, and countless end-of-the-year meetings. Since most of the events will have the press, each members of the family have to have new outfits. Fluke has the benefits of having a fashion designer as best friend; thus, he is in good hand.

Fluke is on his way to meet Prem. They have an appointment at Prem's workshop to look through designs and to take Fluke's body measurement. They suppose to meet at 2 p.m., but Fluke wants to visit Prem early. He wants to get lunch with his friend first. Thus, he is two hours early to surprise Prem. When he arrived, there are a lot of cars in front of the workshop, including celebrity cars. Fluke figured Prem must be having a photoshoot.