3

041820

Chapter 3

Before Coleen decided she'd bring their papers to Sir Saavedra's table in the faculty, she had been a worry-worm  about her face heating up whenever she'd see him or just thinking about him. Blushing was the last evidence she wanted to lay over so she worked on it. Silly idea but she did it.

Naghanap siya ng picture nito sa internet saka nagprint, inilagay sa frame, at isinabit sa ibabaw ng headboard niya. She made sure the door was always locked and whenever someone knocked, she took it down and hid it inside her drawer. Sinanay niya ang sarili araw-araw sa pagmumukha ni Sir Saavedra. It was comedic but she had got immune.

Sir Saavedra didn't have social media accounts to which she found odd. Almost everyone had them, except for her. She asked her brother and mother if they had any and she was surprised that they didn't have them as well. It made sense when her brother said, "You better get to know us personally, bunso."

She initially planned to fill the room with Sir Saavedra's face but she herself found it creepy and didn't want her mother and older brother to think that she's going nuts.

Ayaw niyang dumagdag iyon kung sakaling malaman nila ang totoo. She's a CEO and founder of a small IT company, and they'd freak out at the ventures she had everywhere in the vast space of the internet. She earned quick money, and it's a lot. It was crazy how she could milk money from being a computer addict. Lucky she learned how to code early.

Her late father, a programmer, influenced her to enter the virtual world. She would always ran to his father's work room and would sit on his lap. The she'd get mesmerized at how fast her father typed and how letters ran on the screen.

At five, she started learning the basic language. Seven, and she was already coding programs and learned stuffs about computer and internet.

Nagsilbing laruan niya noon ang mga libro ng daddy niya. Binabasa niya ang mga iyon ng paulit-ulit saka naman siya magpapraktis sa spare computer na pinapahiram sa kanya nito. Mas lalo siyang na-hook nang ma-master niya ang Java at Python.

She had become a computer whiz in her teenage years but gained poor eyesight in return. Mas lumabo pa iyon nang nasubsob siya lalo sa computer nang mawala ang daddy niya noong sampu pa lang siya.

At twelve, she started developing games and sold at cheap price. When she learned numbers, she was able to sell them reasonably. From then on she developed software for small companies.

When she turned eighteen and could legally sign documents, she founded Col-Eva which would serve as a stepping stone for the company that her father had started but failed to commence. Now at twenty two, she had already grown it and had 300 people working for her.

To back her up, on the other hand, she had accountants and lawyers in case her mother found out all about it. She didn't want her mother thought that she's doing dirty money which in fact some of it were spent on charities and other philanthropic activities. Contrary to what her mother had been saying, she wasn't actually wasting her life staring at her computers.

Her mother had always been against of her staying always inside her room and would always apprehend her about the dangers of the internet. Pero ang hindi niya kayang sabihin dito, mas mapanganib siya sa mga kaya niyang gawin. With her programming and hacking skills, she could easily manipulate data. She tried once meddling in an IT-related criminal case, tracing and hacking everywhere but later was bugged from anonymous calls recruiting her. She didn't do it again even with the high-caliber security she had developed to protect her computers.

If there's one thing she was incapable of handling, it's her feelings for her professor. How she wished she could made a default in her system that would put her back to normal mode. Palagi na lang si Sir Saavedra sumusulpot sa isip niya.

---End of Chapter---

041920