1

041720

Chapter 1

Going with the majority didn't entice Coleen. She'd step on a shade others wouldn’t choose and discover things in places others wouldn't even take a glance. The mystery of the abandoned seemed more sparkling to her than the shine of what others found in common places. That's what being room-bound did to her.

She didn’t care about anything unless computer-related.

Things went into detour  when she said she wouldn't fall for this 'oh-so-perfect' professor in her college (most girls in the university had a crush on) and ate her words.

Maikukumpara kay Ji Chang Wook (may billboard ito kung saan lagi ang ruta niya papuntang school) ang kakisigan nito, matangkad, matalino (top eight sa BLEPP), galing sa mayamang pamilya, at mabait. Walang mapipintas pero sa kanya ordinaryo lamang ito. There's nothing about him that piqued her interest. Generally, wala naman talaga siguro dahil puro tungkol sa computer lang ang alam niya.

Coleen hated it how he could smile nonstop that he almost looked like an idiot. He did, even others thought his smile could save the world from a war. Kahit sinong nakakadaupang palad nito nginingitian. She’d even once accused his nice demeanor as flirting but dropped the idea when she saw him nice to male students as well.

Yes he could smile to anyone but her.

Coleen thought that everyone could be special in some way and she was definitely the only one her professor couldn’t smile to. Not that she wanted him to, but what in the world was his problem with her anyway?

She’s a computer geek and could easily memorize codes. She wasn't equipped with a brain of a genius, but she couldn't remember she had offended him the entire year he'd been her teacher in two of her Psych majors.

Coleen thought it was only her mind telling her stories but it happened consistently which eventually made her feel like a complete freak, real big that time. Been a loner for ages but she didn't feel that isolated her whole life.

Every time his class ended, she’d send him to the door with blank eyes, soul shouting injustices.

Laging siya ang trip tawagin sa recitation sa mga mahihirap na tanong bago ang kaklase niyang 'itinakda' sa talino ng utak. Siya naman itong laging nganga at minsan solong nakatayo hanggang sa matapos ang klase.

Akala niya nagkataon lang din iyon pero ganun lagi ang sistema. Minsan nga kusa nalang tumatayo si ‘itinakda’ pagkatapos niyang matawag at di siya nakakasagot. Sobrang ilang lang niya sa tuwing maghihintay siya ng karamay kasi nakakatanga kapag siya lang mag-isa ang nakatayo. Pero sa huli kasalanan di naman niya kasi di siya nag-aaral.

Noong naging propesor niya ulit  ito at gusto niyang magpalit ng section, hindi nito pinipirmahan ang kanyang Changing Form. Hindi raw sapat na dahilan na ayaw niya rito. Huwag daw kako siya tumatakas sa problema at hindi raw ganun kadali ang buhay.

She gave in at the first 'no' because the last thing she needed from him was his preaches that were rather cliches.

Coleen commended him at one thing though. At least sa part na iyon alam nito na isa itong problema sa kanya.

The day came, however, that what she thought was a problem about him was nothing when the real trouble hit her hard. She should have stayed at home that Sunday and didn't listen to her mother. Hindi sana mangyayari ang isang bagay na naging dahilan kung bakit unti-unti siyang nahulog kay Sir Saavedra.

It was to late for retreat. The only thing she could do now was deal with it.

---End of Chapter---

041820