2

041820

Chapter 2

"Dyan na si Sir."

Coleen's back flexed straight at the announcement. She rested her hands on the chair's armrest and fixed her eyes on the whiteboard.

She looked at her wrist. Late si Sir Saavedra ngayon ng eleven minutes.

She was firm not to glance at the door though she wanted to see him. Kahit ilang segundo lang iyon parang ayaw niyang palampasin. Kaso mas ayaw naman niyang magmukhang na-miss ito gaya ng mga kaklase niya. Three days din itong absent kasi may inasikaso abroad tapos ngayon late pa ito.

"Good morning, Sir," the whole class chorused as Sir Saavedra showed by the door. Cheers followed next.

She kept her face at the front, mouth shut. Seconds after and he was on his desk, she watched him put his bag on the table, unzipped it, took out his laptop while her breath hitched.

When Sir Saavedra was about to look at the class her head bowed down and this time she gulped an air, wishing her brain got enough oxygen. Minsan nakakabobo na. Iniisip pa lang niya na nakatingin ito natutuliro na siya. It was unbelieving how she could react at that way when just months ago Sir Saavedra's charm was nothing to her.

She could take note every details about him: the way he shook the marker first before scribbling on the whiteboard, his shirt's design when he wasn't wearing his well-ironed uniform, how often he changed his watch, and when he used hair wax for the day or not.

Sir Saavedra also pulled jokes throughout his discussions, and Coleen could track them including the lame ones. And when he spoke in English with his deep, throaty voice, she found it sexy.

Beats her but a notebook wouldn't suffice if she had to jot down everything she knew about him so far.  Inis na nga siya minsan. Parang mas madami pa siyang alam dito kumpara sa alam niya sa sarili niya. Ultimo brand ng bolpen may paborito ito samantalang siya kahit anong mahawakan lang.

Unacceptable as it might seem but she had been reduced to that state and all she could do was scold herself to her heart's content.

Kapag may quizzes at kailangang kolektahin ang mga papel siya ang gumagawa at wala namang angal ang kaklase niya na nakasanayang gumawa. Pero pinagpapasalamatan niya ito ng concert tickets para lang huwag siyang usisain.

The first time she did, Sir Saavedra was taken aback on his chair as she put the papers down on his table. She met his eyes with confident and without any expression on her face. She left after a minute without also saying anything.

Gulat pa rin ang nakita niya sa mata nito nang maulit iyon pero nang ikatlong beses ay ni hindi na ito nag-angat pa ng mukha at sa laptop na nito nakatingin. Agad naman siyang umalis pero bago makalabas ng pinto ay di niyang napigilang itaas ang dulo ng mga labi.

At the glass door was his vague reflection of him watching her back as she walked.

Palaging ganoon ang nangyayari sa tuwing magagawi siya roon para dalhin ang mga papel ng klase at kapag naalala niya iyon sa tuwing discussion palihim siyang natatawa sa upuan. Isang beses siya nitong nahuli at napakuno't-noo ito kaya hindi na niya inulit pa.

---End of Chapter---

041920