Chapter One

i know this chapter is boring but please keep reading it gets better i promise

F L A S H B A C K*
(remember this)

*Steve's pov*

Bucky and I were both up and have been up for a while now. Our 4 year anniversary of living together is coming up actually.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

".... whatever..."

"Eggs sound good?"

"... yeah.."

"How about cardboard?"

"... sure..."

"Steve, you aren't even listening to me"

"We should get out"

"Of town-"

"Travel, see some sights"

"What sights?"

"I don't know"

Just then I got a notification on my phone reminding me that my 9 year anniversary was in 2 weeks. The anniversary for my relationship with my ex. Her name was Nat, she was and I'm sure still is the most beautiful woman I have every seen, she is so kind too, sarcastic but still cares. I still care about her, like a lot. She left me suddenly, almost 3 months after we got engaged. I loved her with everything I had, I still do.

I got up and went to my room because the notification hit me harder that I thought it would. As soon as I got there I started going through old pictures of us. She has these green eyes that just pull you in and you can't get out. You wouldn't think this but her red hair matched perfectly. God spent a lot of time making her.

After 10 minutes of me sitting there I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I threw the pictures under my bed as Sam walked in with waffles.

"I made your favorite because I know you are sad"

"Why would I be sad?"

"Maybe because your 9 year anniversary is coming up" of course Bucky knows "I know that because it's almost your anniversary for moving in here"

"I'm sorry man I just-"

"You just miss her. I know. What if for this getaway that you want we revisit the past. Go to places where you two made great memories"

"That sounds amazing"

"I'll start packing, while you plan where we will go"

"Thank you Bucky"

"Anything"

I already knew that my favorite and the most important place would be saved for last.
Bucky lives in Arizona near the border of California which is about 6 hours from a hotel that I want to stay at as our first location. This hotel was where we first met and since then I've never forgotten the name. The second place I want to go to is this café near the hotel where Nat and I ate breakfast together the following morning. The third place is a flower garden that I took her to, to get to know her, that's also where I fell in love with her. The fourth place is a dance studio where Nat attempted to give me dance lessons but I failed big time. Lastly and my most favorite is a park with the lake that means a lot to me.

"I'm all packed I say we leave around 6 pm so we get to the hotel at a decent time"

"Sounds good, let me pack"

"Figured out where we are going after this hotel?"

"Yup and I know it seems boring but-"

"Hey, listen, we are experiencing your relationship with Nat, not me, so all of it is special to you"

"Sam, I don't mean to get sappy but you are an amazing friend"

"Well sad times call for happy measures"

After I finish packing we decided to hang out and watch tv for an hour until we got in the car and started the drive to San Francisco.