Chapter Twelve

||One week later||

Tonight Nat and I were going out, just a casual 6 o'clock date. I decided to take her back to the flower garden from our first date. Little did she know though what going to happen.

*Nat*

When we got to the flower garden all of the cute memories came flooding back. Plus the flowers were just as gorgeous as I remember. We went straight for the path and started towards to pond. The tour all the way around usually takes an hour so 30 minutes to get to the pond but walking faster and got there in 15 minutes. As we neared the pond I noticed lights but kept walking. Once I got around the corner though I noticed pictures hanging down from the lights. Tears started running down my face.

"I told you that one day you will see what I was hiding. The entire date I had been taking pictures of you"

"...aw Steve.." I turned around to see Steve was down on one knee.

"You already have the ring but Nat I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I have wanted to do that.. so will you marry me?"

"Yes.. of course I will!"

He picked me up and I wrapped my arms and legs around him. We kissed for an eternity, I never wanted to lose this man ever again.

"I love you"

"I love you too. And these pictures are amazing"

"Thanks, only the best for you"

"Aw"

I gave him a kiss for that and then we collected to the pictures and went to go get food.

"So when's the wedding? I'm fine with whenever"

"I don't know yet, I just wanted to confirm that you are mine"

After a few seconds to think about things I realized that I want to wait on the wedding a little longer.

"Nat?"

"..." There were things that I needed to do and have happen before then.

"Nat? Hey"

"Sorry, how many times did you say my name?"

"Just twice. What's wrong? If you want to back out I-"

"No Steve, of course I don't want that I just think that we should wait some time to get married. Life is very different now, we have a kid, plus I want to refocus on us and we need to have family time"

"I 100% agree with all of that"

"Really?"

"Of course, it's not just the two of us anymore, there are three"

"Yeah"

"I love you"

"I love you more

*Steve*

We finished eating and went back to the house. Yelena and Bucky watched Sarah and I'm assuming she has been asleep for a few hours. Since it was 10 pm. When we got home Yelena and Bucky were in the guest house so we went straight up to the room to start getting ready for bed. Neither one of us did a whole lot of talking but I think she was getting tired. We were both laying in bed on our backs looking at the tv, not touching or cuddling. Not until I rolled over, put my arm over her waist and pulled her closer.

"Nat"

"Hm..?"

"I just want to say thank you"

"For what?"

"Letting me back into your life so we can get married and truly be together forever"

"Steve... you be over left my life, I left yours in fear, a stupid fear"

"It is not stupid-"

"Yes Steve it was, and I lost you over it so that makes it worse than stupid"

"Okay, it's worse than stupid"

"Exactly"

"Feel better?"

"Much"

I kissed her shoulder and then started leaving small and gentle kisses from her shoulder to neck. Then moved to her lips and there we laid until we heard the door shut.

"Mommy, Daddy, can I sleep here"

I couldn't speak because I was in shock. She called me daddy.

"Of course Peanut, come here"

Sarah hopped up on the bed and got comfortable in the middle.

"What were you guys doing?"

"We were..."

"Hugging"

"Hugging, yes hugging, that's what people in love you"

"Do you love me?"

"Of course we do Peanut"

We gave Sarah a big group hug.

"I'm tired"

"Then go to sleep silly"

She closed her eyes and got comfortable. Nat and I assumed that she had fallen asleep so we shared a goodnight kiss over her.

"Ew, Mommy, Daddy, stop" she pushed our faces apart "gross"

We all started laughing. There was nothing we wanted to watch on tv so we all got comfortable and fell asleep.