Chapter 7: Her Abilities

~Third Person P.O.V.~

"I have a lot of abilities," Rose explained. "I once heard some Whitecoats talking about how you guys evolved all by yourself, and you gained extra skills. So, they found out what they were, and the gave them to me, but they made sure they made the abilities better if they could. I have one other ability that isn't from any of you."

"Would you mind showing us all of your abilities?" Max pressed.

Rose took another sip of hot chocolate before hopping off the stool she sat on. "Sure, I guess." Then she suddenly disappeared. "I can turn invisible like Fang." She reappeared right next to Gazzy, who jumped out of surprise. "But unlike Fang, I can move around while invisible while he has to be really still. I can also read minds like Angel."

"What am I thinking of?" Gazzy blurted.

"Explosives, food, and how you still want red and black wings," Rose responded.

His eyes lit up. "Wow! She really can!"

"You always think that," Iggy said. "Even I could've read your mind."

"Anyway!" Max said loudly to get everyone's attention. She looked around until her eyes fell on Rose. "Show us your other abilities."

"Superspeed." Rose zoomed over to Nudge, and under two seconds, Nudge's hair was in two fish tail braids with a bang over her eye. Then Rose zoomed into the kitchen and grabbed ahold of a knife. She ran the blade over her wrist, causing herself to bleed, and everyone gasped. In a matter of seconds, the wound healed, and her pale skin looked as good as new. She grabbed a napkin and started to clean the blood from her wrist. "That was the ability none of you have. I can heal in a matter of seconds. I can also mimic voices like Gazzy, but unlike him, I have to touch someone, so I can forever mimic their voices."

She went over to Iggy and touched his shoulder before turning towards Gazzy. In Iggy's voice, Rose said, "You're always thinking that. Even I could've read your mind."

"Cool," Iggy said under his breath.

"Can you attract metal?" Nudge asked.

"I can attract anything and move things with my mind." She turned towards her mug of hot chocolate and held her hands out. Instantly, the mug rose from the counter and shot towards her. Surprisingly, not one drop of hot chocolate fell from the mug, and Rose took a sip from the mug before sending it back to it's original location. "I can also breath underwater. You can just take my word for that one. Also, I can feel colors like Iggy."

Nudge held up one finger. "Wait one second." Then she darted out the kitchen, and she came back a minute later, she came back with a hot pink bandana with one hand. She held something behind her back to keep Rose from seeing what was there. She held the bandana out for Rose. "Put this on, and you're going to feel the color of the shirt I'm holding behind my back."

"Okay," Rose said while wrapping the bandana around her head to cover her eyes, and she tied it tightly behind her head.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" Nudge held up four fingers.

"Um, two?" she guessed.

"Okay, you can't see anything," Nudge said while pulling the purple shirt from around her back. She grabbed Rose's hand and rested it on the shirt. "What color is the shirt?"

"Purple," Rose said almost immidietly. "It's purple."

"That's so cool!" Gazzy said excitedly.

Rose undid the bandana with a smile on her face. "Thank you." She handed the bandana over to Nudge before tapping her index finger against her chin. "It's been a while since I've used any of my skills, so I don't really remember..." Then she let out a quiet gasp. "Oh! I can change my eye color. Kind of like how Angel can change her appearance, but I can only do my eye color."

"Make them orange!" Excitement still filled Gazzy's voice.

She closed her eyes, then opened them to show that her red eyes had changed to orange. "Anything else?" 

"Do purple!" Nudge said. Like Gazzy, she sound utterly excited. Once Rose's eyes were purple, Nudge beamed. "Wow!"

Rose closed her eyes and opened them to reveal her normal red eyes. "Other than black, red is my favorite color, and I like to have my eyes that color," she explained while walking back to the stool she sat on before, and she sat back down. She started sipping on her hot chocolate while looking at everyone.

"You are so cool!" Nudge said excitedly. "I'm so happy you were able to stay!"

Rose looked suddenly hurt, but the look disappeared a second later. "Right."

"Wel, I think it's time for bed," Max announces while looking over at Angel, Gazzy, and Nudge. "The three of you, off to bed."

"Aww! But I wanna talk to Rose a little longer!" Gazzy whined. "Besides, I'm not tired! I don't wanna go to sleep!"

"Goodnight, Gazzy," Max said.

Still pouting, he grumbled a "Goodnight," while heading to his room while Angel and Nudge went to their rooms after they said their goodnights. Once they were gone, Max told Rose, "Iggy, Fang, and I usually go to sleep whenever while Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel go to sleep when I say so. Whenever you want to go to sleep, Rose, your room is right beside Iggy's. Iggy will show you to your room whenever you're going to sleep." She paused. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room." Then she disappearing around the corner.

~~~

Written by TianaTwitch, of course, and remade by me.

Song choice is Sail by Awolnation.