|chapter 16|

Spencer ||

The rest of Wednesday went pretty ok. Nothing special happened, Luke and I have not talked or made any contact since Tuesday. I have purposely avoided him all week not wanting to see his face. I'm trying to get over him and his beautiful eyes and his irresistible smile and the lip ring will not help my case in anyway.

He seems to be doing the same thing because he ended up moving his seats in English. So instead of sitting right I front of me, he now sits over two rows where the seat was not occupied. But it helps me a little bit to forget about him, so I guess it's cool.

Don't let this while "trying to forget him" act fool you, though. I'm still very upset about this whole thing. I have not properly gotten over it yet and I don't think I will be for awhile. It just hurts a lot to think of not only did he break my hear, but of how naive I was. I should of never have liked him or kissed him. It was stupid of me to think he'd actually like me back, no boy ever does. I have not had one boy that's ever cared about me or my feelings, except for Ashton of course.

Thursday passed as well and everyday seemed to get harder. As much as I avoided him, I always saw him somewhere. Wether it be I class or the halls, we never made eye contact of course, but just seeing the side of his face or the back of his body made me just a little more hurt.

It was Friday and tonight was the night of the party I agreed to go to with Joanna and Michael. Somewhere deep down I really don't want to and my conscience is telling me not to, but it is covered up by too many sad nights, angry fits and self pity. I want to go out for once. I want to get ready and do my makeup and put on a cute revealing but just enough outfit. I want to actually enjoy my life for once. So I've decided not to back out of this one. I'm not planning on getting drunk because it's not my favorite thing to do. But I just want to have fun and I really hope that's what tonight is all about.

It was now 7:30 pm and Michael and Joan said they were picking me up at like 9 so i decided now was a good time to get ready. It wasn't really and party for anything special, I'm pretty sure it was just a party to party. So I went with a simple red, tight party dress with a lace top over to make it edgier and not revealing mostly because it's 60 degrees out. I didn't want to over do it with my hair, so I just took my already curled hair and pulled it into a high pony tail, leaving my bangs down in the front. And for my makeup I just did my simple eye because I didn't once again over do it. And I finished it off with my favorite choker, I never wore it to school so I thought it would go nice with tonight.

As the night came closer, I became more and more excited.

I explained to my mom that I was going to a party. She asked questions but overall she was ok with it. I mean there isn't much she could do considering I'm 18 and a senior in high school, she knew this day would come. But she trusts me as I do myself, and I didn't lie to her about the party which made her lean toward more of a yes.

Right when I was about to text Joan and see where she was, the doorbell rang. I gave my mom kiss goodbye and told her that I was going to stay over at Joan's and sprinted to the door, grabbing my purse on the way out.

"Hey!" Joanna smiled.

"Hey, you look hot" I giggled.

Joanna had a simple black dress on with a scoop neckline to show off her chest. Her long dirty blonde hair fell down into loose curls.

"Thank you" she giggled as well, "so do you, man every guy is going to be all over you tonight."

I laughed, "yeah I would say the same thing but the only guy you have your eye on is Michael."

At that she blushed turning away quickly and lead me to the car.

The car ride was pretty fun, we all talked and laughed about the most random things. Michael had his hand placed on Joan's thigh the whole ride as well and that made me very happy, I'm glad that they finally found each other.