𝐢𝐢𝐢. PRICELESS

.·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄༻¨*:·.

         ANNABELLE DID not plan to get up early, but the Camerons had insisted that the day couldn't be fully enjoyed unless you rose with the sun

         ANNABELLE DID not plan to get up early, but the Camerons had insisted that the day couldn't be fully enjoyed unless you rose with the sun. and so, there she was, seated at the garden table, groggily munching on a bowl of cereal drenched in milk. Rafe and Sarah appeared to be engaged in a heated argument, but Anna was drowsy enough to just hear whispers.

         out of nowhere, Sarah's gaze drifted towards the distant port, where her father's boat was moored. Annabelle followed her cousin's line of sight and noticed a small boat docked beside it, bearing the name 'HSM Pogue', and an unfamiliar boy sneaking onto her uncle's boat.

          "i'll be right back." Sarah declared, rising from the table and heading towards the boat.

          "well, i'm also leaving. i'm going to go for a walk around the pier." Annabelle announced, mustering a smile. "i want to explore the island since i'll be around here." the Camerons stared at her in silence as she collected her dishes from the table. "but i'll only go if you're okay with it," she added, although in reality, she had already planned to go regardless whatever they thought.

          "of course, Anna, you can go," Ward Cameron replied. "we just want to make sure you don't get lost or wander into unsafe areas, especially the pogue territories. maybe if Sarah or Rafe go with you, we would feel more at ease letting you go."

         her mother had never been as protective as ward was. was it that bad, the pogue side?

        "i am busy today." Rafe said rolling his eyes. he clearly wasn't interested in babysitting.

         "if i ask you to go with her, you will go with her, Rafe." Ward's tone of voice became more serious and aggressive.

        Annabelle decided to intervene, she didn't want anyone to get into trouble because of her. "don't worry, Sarah has already told me that we would meet there in half an hour." she lied, knowing that Sarah wouldn't mind lying for her.

        "at least someone does what I want," Ward murmured in a lower tone, but the words carried throughout the air, causing Rafe to abruptly rise from his chair and storm angrily into the house.

        a smile lit up Annabelle's face as she realized she had reached the dock, the very spot that was known to belong to the pogues. after parking Rafe's car, which Ward had lent her, she grabbed a pair of sunglasses and stepped out.

         Anna's intention in coming here was simple: to search for the attractive blond boy from the beach.

        as the sun beamed down, the girl quickly shut her eyes and closed the car door. she began making her way towards the pier, anticipating the sight of a familiar face. it didn't matter if she bumped into John B either; he was a nice guy too. coming to a halt in the middle of the pier, she leaned her weight against the railing and gazed out at the sea for a few moments. she found solace in this tranquility, far more than she ever did inside the Cameron household, where calmness seemed elusive. they seemed to love fighting each other.