𝐨𝐨𝐨. PROLOGUE

⊹ * ˚  𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐗 !  * ✷ ⊹ * ˚
─────────────── 
❛ make friends❜

⊹ * ˚  𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐗 !  * ✷ ⊹ * ˚ ───────────────  ❛ make friends❜

˚* ੈ✩‧₊ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 . . .   
───────────────

         SHE WAS sweating. she had only been in outer banks for five minutes and the heat was beginning to suffocate her. it wasn't because annabelle wasn't used to the heat, actually she was, she lived in the bahamas with her family. maybe it was because she was in the car squeezed between Sarah and Wheezie Cameron, while Rafe and Ward were in the front seats.

          "why did we all have to come pick up anna?" Wheezie asked, rolling down the car window. "i could have stayed with mom at home."

          "because she is your cousin and she sure wanted to see you all." Ward replied.

          and, in part, it was true. yes, Anna was indeed her cousin. her mother was ward's sister who had left the outer banks as soon as she could. her mother hated that place, said that there were too many problems among the people on her island. however, she didn't mind sending her daughter there when ward told her about the excellent education that Sarah, Rafe and Wheezie received at their 'proper' high school. if she was going to that school she was supposed to go to the outer banks in september, but her mother had sent her over the summer to be able to 'make friends'.

           the truth was, her parents simply wanted some free time, which meant time away from their problematic daughter.

         and moving on to the subject of making friends, sarah more or less fit that description for Annabelle. they weren't best friends, they didn't even talked constantly, but they supported each other. Annabelle didn't try to get closer to sarah because she knew how independent her cousin could be.

         the answer was no. she didn't want to see them, like Ward said. annabelle would have preferred to stay at her own home, in her familiar surroundings, with her friends. staying with the Cameron's wasn't her dream. especially after comparing where she lived with where they lived, it wasn't a small house or a bad area, but the island had it's dark side. and that didn't happen in the bahamas, well, at least anna didn't see that part of the bahamas.

         "yes, of course." the blonde girl was forced to say, and then she leaned her head back to rest her on the back.

          Sarah turned a little to whisper in her ear so Wheezie and ward didn't listen to her since they didn't know anything about the party. "beach party, are you coming?"

          Annabelle turned her head a little and smirked. she was beginning to like a little more outer banks. "yes!"

         Sarah just smiled back at her.

• • •
word count: 458

ik there was no jj here
but they'll meet in the
first chapter. [edited]

 [edited]