10:30 AM - Ocean filled eyes

Misty watched a little from behind as Ash took out money from the ATM. Can you say she was watching creepily? Probably. But let's try be in Misty's shoes for a second. Her childhood friend shows up after nine years of absence; he's taller, muscular, has a chiseled shaved jaw, wears a cute hat backwards and shorts that show off perfectly toned calves, and he smells like aftershave.

She's sipping her iced tea, watching this guy, hoping he wasn't a scam, hoping that this is really her childhood friend, and that those nine years have just turned him into this handsome man.

Nine years can do that, right?

"Dawn sent me money twice!" Ash walked back toward Misty, chuckling.

"Why would you even ask her? I've got enough money."

"I'm not letting you pay for me!" He narrowed his eyes at his childhood redhead friend, trying to threaten her. Misty seemed more busy staring into his eyes than feel threatened by them.

"You're my guest, though." They started walking.

"Guest? Pfft." He scoffed. "Don't be silly." He put his arm over her shoulders. "I still can't believe you didn't recognize me!"

"You look different! Okay?" She tried to say that without blushing.

"But I recognized you!" He argued.

"I go around with orange hair." Misty giggled. "You'd recognize me anywhere!"

She let a small scream when, suddenly, Ash stopped walking and put his hands on her shoulders and pulled her closer to him.

She felt her heart stop.

"Your face is still the same, I guess..." He stared deeply at her face.

"Ehm, really..." Misty's eyebrow twitched. As people walked past them, Ash was still holding her closer to his face.

"Your eyes are still as gorgeous!" He spoke enthusiastically. "It's like they're filled with ocean water!"

Misty's face turned red again. There was no way Ash didn't notice how hard she blushed.

"Oh, the phone." Ash let go of her quickly and took out his vibrating phone from his pocket. "It's just Dawn."

"Answer her."

As Ash talked on the phone to Dawn, Misty retreated slightly to the back, sipping her iced tea in sorrow, wondering how the hell she was going to manage through this day and stop herself from smashing her lips against Ash's.