Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Toa Toa

Thanks to them, I've managed to come this far. If anyone would dare to make me choose what's my favorite country, I still don't know. Kahit anong gala ko sa mundo, wala pa rin. Every country still has their bad and good sides. I'd still choose my home.

It's awarding time, I still dont know what to say in front of the crowd. This is it, me being gala really brought me here. Who would say na Carol being Carol would lead to nothing but dead dahil sa kakagala ko? Shame on those people who underestimated me.

Sabi nga ng isang tao, I don't know kung sino man siya pero sabi niya, being yourself will bring out the best in you.

"Carol Jury, nineteen year old who made it to travel the world. What a brave child." says the girl in blue dress, she's the one holding the mic in front of many people. "Everyone, Let's give her a round of applause." she continued.

I walked towards the stage, I dont have stage fright so I think I dont need to think of any words right now. Let my mouth do its job later.

The host gave me the trophy that uniquely designed for me. It is a pure gold. May naka-ukit na babaeng nakatayo at buhat nito pataas ang bilog na gintong ukit mundo.

I smiled to the audience, they're all applauding.

"I'm still getting all of this scenarios sink in to my brain. It's harder to let them all get in my head than travel all the countries in this world." some people laughed, some people are just sitting just to get a picture later with the background of guiness record. "I didn't even imagine I could get this far. I'm just a happy-go-lucky kid who saves her allowance to travel. Some of my travels may be because my parents want me to come with them, but, most of them were just my decisions. They supported me and they still do. That's why I've come this far." I continued. "Thank you, Mom and Dad. And also Guiness', I appreciate this." i-tinaas ko ang trophy na ibinigay kanina at yumuko na ako na senyales na tapos na ang speech ko.

I walked towards my parents, and they both hugged me. My little sister, Porlin, got up to the chair and kissed me. I am so blessed to have this kind of family.

We got home to watch television together. We are waiting for NASA's announcement kung sino ang isasalang nila sa pagpapadala sa Mars, someone who is brave enough, someone who can do it alone. Pero syempre, it will take time to teach the lucky one how to survive, and how the spaceship will send him or her to the outer space safely. It is all calculated and studied already, I think it will be safe.

We all are holding each other's hands, hoping that we will hear my name.

And yes! We did! We heard my name! Carol Jury, the lucky one. I'm the lucky one. Thank God!

My mom and dad are jumping and me? I'm fucking dumbfounded, I don't know what to react. Tears are flowing. I can't imagine that months from now, I will be on another planet. Prolin's also jumping. They are all screaming so loud and I still can't believe it.

How could I be this lucky? How could a nineteen year old girl be this blessed? I still don't know. Ang bait ko siguro nung past life ko. Baka sinagip ko lahat ng tao sa mundo from mass extinction? I fucking don't know. There's no explanation to this. Basta ang alam ko, pupunta ako sa ibang planeta ilang buwan na lang.

I was getting used to waking up early these past few weeks. NASA's been training me. They've been very patient with me, they are all professionals. My parents are in the Philippines, and I'm all alone here in States, pero everything is free. My transportation, foods, clothes that I want, house that has a jacuzzi and pool, everything. It's perfect.