Chapter 11

Brett woke up with a hellish headache.

He couldn't even open his eyes, the hangover hit him hard. There were some vague memories flashed through his mind. Party, drinks, Eddy's goofy dance... His lips curled in a nice curve when Eddy came across his mind.
What else. Brett frown his browses, still with his eyes closed...Drinks, Tina, conversations, more drinks, he pulled Eddy into his bed, coldness...

Wait what.

Brett sharply opened his eyes, unaccustomed to the dazzling light from the window, he had no choice but closed his eyes again. What happened next? What happen after I pulled Eddy into my bed? The splitting headache almost made him pass out. What the hell happened after that.

Brett slowly opened his eyes again. He then realized he was in the warm embrace of Eddy. Brett dared not to move. The warm breath of Eddy was tickling his neck. His back was against Eddy's warm chest, and he could even feel the steady heartbeat, which much steadier then his.

He closed his eyes again, tried to make himself just to enjoy the peacefulness in the small comfy hotel room. Whatever happened, it happened.

After a while, Eddy moved a bit. Brett knew Eddy was awake, but he didn't have the courage to face whatever he had to face, so he pretended he was still asleep. Everything was so quiet in the room. Brett could sense Eddy's gaze on his back. A few minutes passed, Eddy slowly redrew his arms. He got off Brett's bed silently and headed to the bathroom.

Brett rolled over, finally dared to open his eyes. He stared at the ceiling with his mind started to wonder. He was surprised when he heard the door shut.

Eddy was gone.

Where will he go? Brett felt some unnamed sorrow raising from his heart. Is it because I forced him to cuddle a whole night with me, and Eddy found it disgusting so he doesn't want to be in the same room with me?

-
"Brett, Bretty, wake up."

Brett did not know when he had fallen asleep again. He opened his eyes and saw Eddy standing in front of his bed.

"I went out to buy some Aspirin, thought you might need it for hangover." Eddy shook the medicine box in his hand, "I boiled some water as well. Get up and take the pill, you will feel better soon. Trust me."

Brett was deeply moved and felt thousands of butterflies flying in his stomach. He was surprised and relieved at the same time.

"Thanks. I will never drink that much again. I swear to god."

"Yeah yeah. We both know that's impossible."

They went out for lunch while discussed some details for their speech next Monday. Public speech was hard and needed to be well prepared. Eddy was perfectly normal, except that sometimes Brett would find Eddy staring at him for too long. The boys got their draft finished in the afternoon in a coffee shop and wondered to the Queen's Park again. They sat down on a park bench when the sky started to snow.

Glittering snowflakes, like thousands of butterflies in the sky, landed mischievously on Brett's shoulder. "You got some snow on your cheek." he felt Eddy's warm body temperature as Eddy turned to him and gently brushed the snow off his face.

Eddy's large hand slowly slid down of Brett's chin. His glare lingered on Brett's lips."Please don't..."

Eddy's whisper was so quiet, but Brett still catch it. He felt so weird, the whole thing was too familiar just like some kind of memories. Brett suddenly remembered his bizarre dream. Is he saying 'please don't leave me.'? Just like his dream? If so, why?

"Sorry what?" Brett asked in confusion but Eddy quickly shook his head and redrew his hand as if he was burned, "It's nothing."

Brett was so confused. He was about to ask when Eddy's phone buzzed. It's the superintendent from The Royal Conservatory of Music, Eddy picked it up immediately: "Hello?"

"What?! We are going back now!!!"

Brett almost jumped at the sudden change of Eddy's tone. Eddy hung up his phone quickly and dragged Brett out of the bench.

"Quick! WE HAVE TO GO BACK NOW!!!"

"What happen?!"

"The hotel just found out someone broke into our room and one of the violins is missing!!!"

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!