Inside Joke: Culver's

So you guys may or may not remember the Area 51 part to this book, but anyways, it ends with Lin-Manuel Miranda walking in on a meeting of the raiders inside of a Culver's bathroom. Now, what was the point of that? Comedic effect, obviously; HOWEVER, there's so much more behind the choice of that restaurant specifically.

It was one evening out at Mango's yet again, my family and my best friends' families gathered for a dinner at our go-to restaurant. At one point, rather late during our time there, all of our parents let my friends, Hope & Trent, and I spend some time outside. Though it was raining, there's a thick concrete slab that protects the benches sitting underneath, so we sat under there for maybe 5 or so minutes. Over across from the parking lot, there's a car wash, a Burger King, and of course, a Culver's. That night, the sign was blinking in and out like the "T-T-T-T-TAAARGEEEEET" vine. What do we say?
"GOD DAMN CULVER'S OUT THERE HAVING A SEIZURE"
I don't remember who of the three of us said it (even though it was TOTALLY me), but the forever inside joke slipped out: "Me in the Culver's at 3 AM having an epileptic seizure"

So what was the point of going back to retell that inside joke? Well, I'm imagining a scenario.. where Hercules tries to enter a Culver's at three in the morning whilst intoxicated.

Here you go.

POV: Hercules Mulligan

Man, it's hard to recall what the fuck happened that night.

So, as I can remember, the whole squad, Burr, Washington, and I went to Mango's that night to have some celebrating for Alex's marriage. It's as simple as that: your best pal gets married and you take him & the squad for drinks 'n food. However, despite me paying for all of the alcohol for him, I drank the most. I don't know what overcame me, it was probably my  ~ g a n g s t e r ~ senses that urged me to splurge the most on myself. I don't blame myself though, those Dos Equis' are BOMB and no one can tell me otherwise.

Bad thing is.. I got those GIANT glasses of beer and I got LOOOOOTS of 'em. I could hardly carry my own self out of the goddamn place when it was time to go: we were there to closing time for fuck's sake!

So I was ushered there by Laf, because I don't have a car, more specifically, I don't have a license either. Anyway, we were all still talking outside in the parking lot until we had to go. I grab the handle to Laf's passenger side door- he's already in and barks "Who in l'enfer (the hell) are you? Descends de ma voiture! (Get off of my car!)" Clearly, he was also drunk and intoxicated as well, enough to the point where he didn't recognize who I was. Next thing you know, I'm stranded in a parking lot in a once rowdy strip mall.

I pulled out my phone and called Angelica, in hopes that she would offer to come pick me up. Guess what? Of all things that busy woman was doing, she was at the club!
The club. She never, NEVER has time nor the chill to go to a place like that. With it being THAT place, she kept hollering "WHAT?" and "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, CAN YOU SAY THAT AGAIN?", & I didn't want to raise my voice too loud in an  e m p t y  parking lot. At that point, I just gave up. She'd eventually come and get me, or someone like Burr would realize Laf never took me.

Four and a half hours later or so, I still wasn't picked up. I had walked over to the Culver's parking lot, I got too bored with the scenery over in the strip mall's. Eventually looking at the restaurant itself, I saw one of the indoor lights on, the main counter. An employee? Mopping the floors? At THREE IN THE MORNING? I needed some food after being so drunk and intoxicated. So what happened was I ran up to the clear doors, which were locked, and starting banging. Drunkenly screaming, I was begging for a butterburger and some custard, very much freaking out the night worker.

From what I don't recall, I had been spazzing out so much from yelling, causing me to start having a seizure on the spot. I don't even know if that's even medically possible, but it just started happening.

I was having a seizure at a Culver's at 3 in the morning.

I don't remember anything else that night, other than that I woke up in Alex and Eliza's apartment. Apparently, Liz had gotten a call from her sister saying that I was left behind at the get-together & I STILL needed to get picked up at SIX IN THE MORNING. Even though I'm SO glad she got me, she saw that I was very much passed out on the concrete in front of the restaurant doors.
And, end scene.

Writer's note: I haven't written anything like that for fanfics in AGES Y'ALLLLL
I've really been meaning to do more stuff like this for this book AND for my Shaymien oneshots book that'll be coming hopefully soon
Bye for now, or else my boyfriend is legit NOT gonna be happy with me