Night 3

There are three bedrolls in the basement.

Give them to whoever needs them most. It's going to be a cold night...

Steve shivered. It was cold. Not to mention losing Paul and Nick at once- no, he had to move on. Ashley was right, for once. They had to finish for the others. Three bedrolls were laid out, and Denise pulled out her first-aid kit and frowned.

"Let Barry, Olive, and Ashley sleep," she said. "They're the most hurt."

So the three crawled into the sleeping bags, and everyone else sat and kept watch. Steve climbed a shelf and watched the others. He must've dozed off...
~~~~
Denise sat on a crate and tried to steady herself. It couldn't have been her fault that they died. But surely she could've stopped Nick from going, or she could've gotten Paul out of harm's way. Anything would've been better.

She had no idea that any of this was going to happen when she signed up for the program. If only she hadn't gone at all. No, she thought. These kids need me. I have to be strong for them.
~~~~
Jack sat far from everyone else and started to cry. Nick had helped him get over Gorge's death. Now the former was gone. Jack has no idea what to do now. All he could do was think about the ones who had died so he could get here:

Protect... the kids from- from Scary Larry. Good luck...

Hey man. We can make it. Don't worry.

But how could he not worry? Here they were, facing an impossible enemy. Half of them were just kids! They couldn't defeat Scary Larry if they tried. But maybe... maybe it wasn't about fighting. Maybe it was about avoiding him, the man who took the lives of Gorge, Nick, and Paul.
~~~~
Robert looked at his chip bag. It had nine charges left. Almost as sad as Paul dying, he thought. Wonder where I can buy more.
~~~~
Ashley squirmed in her sleeping bag and tried to go to sleep. It was a hard task, especially when the thoughts of Gorge, Paul, and Nick kept clouding her brain. But eventually, she did fall asleep.

She dreamed she was stuck in a glass closet. Around her, eight villains held each one of her friends. One of them hissed at her,

We can't touch you while you're in the closet. But do come and save your friends, and we will rip you to shreds in their place!

Dream Ashley looked at her friends. They looked terrified. She looked at her hands. They were shaking crazily. She took a deep breath and stepped out of the closet, which was now heavily padlocked. She turned and saw her friends standing in her place, still looking terrified. The villains grinned like maniacs and charged at her...

The dream changed. She saw a man with a long white beard standing next to a car. Somehow, she knew that this man was across the street from the house. He looked at her and said, "You made the right choice in your dream, Ashley. But you can make a better choice if you give me a Bloxy Sludge Pie. Heather knows this information too..."

The dream faded, and Ashley woke up, confused and scared.
~~~~
Heather cuddled with her teddy bear on a shelf by the wall. She was terrified that she would be the next one to go, but that made her feel a little more brave. If I'm going to die, I might as well bring some villains with me, she thought. She sure had changed...
~~~~
Megan watched the kids squirm in their sleeping bags. She had a feeling she knew what they were thinking. It was a scary time, no doubt. But that's why they had to be strong. They had to make the others' sacrifice worth it.
~~~~
Barry couldn't sleep. If only he had been a better friend to Paul. If only he had been able to drag him out of harm's way. If only he was better at using his new baseball bat. He could've saved everyone from dying. But for now, he has to make Gorge's sacrifice worth it. Paul's sacrifice. Nick's sacrifice. He had to make it just a few more days.
~~~~
Olive quickly fell asleep. But her dreams terrified and confused her all the same.

She was holding her sword. She was surrounded by villains, who had tied up each of her friends. They were all weaponless, except for Olive herself. The villain growled,

Give up your sword and we will let you all go.

Suddenly, she couldn't think straight. Give up their only means of fighting back in order to save her friends, or keep her sword and leave her friends to die. She looked around, then gave her sword to the villains. They smiled evilly and dropped her friends. But the next moment, they charged...

She woke abruptly, shaking in the darkness. She had to fight back. Somehow, she knew that it was the only way to survive. They had to fight the mob.