Back at Jorrvaskr

Paarthunax had also been unable to teach Duna the shout they needed, but he knew of a way she could learn it. They needed an Elder Scroll. Farkas didn't have the first clue what that was or where to find one... Duna knew of a tower in Cyrodiil that studied them, but neither of them wanted to risk going to Cyrodiil if they could help it.

Master Arngeir, despite being grumpy about it, suggested they ask the mages in Winterhold where to find one. Farkas wasn't happy about that idea either, but it was better than going to Cyrodiil.

With the prospect of going all the way to Winterhold Duna decided she'd rather go back to Jorrvaskr to rest a bit more instead of just taking brief stop in Riverwood to finish his armor. Farkas had no complaints.

They made it down the mountain that afternoon, and were trudging into Jorrvaskr by midnight. Farkas couldn't sleep with Duna so far down the hall instead of in his arms. He didn't even have the sound of Vilkas across their small hallway to keep the room from being too quiet. It was miserable. He hardly slept at all, and was just eager for the morning to come.

When Duna got up she joined him for breakfast and then went straight to the women's baths downstairs. Farkas, meanwhile, went and updated Kodlak on all that had happened. It was one of the few times in his life that Farkas could remember Kodlak looking so surprised when he explained how close he'd come to death. Kodlak was also more comfortable with the notion of trusting Paarthunax than Farkas had expected him to be. He was honored the Harbinger trusted his judgement.

When he was done speaking with Kodlak he went for a bath himself. He hadn't expected to be home again so soon, but it was definitely a relief to take a proper soak in the familiar bath.

When he got out, Duna was hard at work up at the forge. Farkas was happy to join her and let her make sure the armor was going to fit...

They were just about to call it quits for the evening and go in for dinner when Farkas caught the scent of his brother on the wind... it smelled like he still had Lydia with him, which meant they'd be inducting Duna's housecarl that evening. Farkas looked down to the yard to see Skjor standing outside. The older werewolf looked up at him and nodded; he'd smelled them too. Farkas replied with a nod and Skjor went inside, likely to collect everyone else.

Duna finished collecting and putting away their work in progress and looked up at him a little confused.

"This worked out good," he smiled, "now we get to see Vilkas speak for Lydia becoming our shield-sister too."

Kodlak got himself dressed in his full wolf armor and made it out to the back yard just as Vilkas and Lydia were making their way up the steps. Vilkas looked surprised but happy to see Farkas was the one waiting for them by the front. Farkas raised an eyebrow, nodding his head subtly toward Lydia. Vilkas replied with a subtle but affirmative nod, and Farkas could tell his brother was trying not to smile too much. Farkas just smirked and made his way around the building, relaying the affirmative nod to the rest of the Circle so that Kodlak, Skjor, Aela, and Farkas were standing in the yard, ready for them, as Vilkas led Lydia around to the yard.

Duna watched curiously from the porch with Ria and Torvar. Njada and Athis apparently hadn't made it outside with such short notice.

Farkas smiled as he listened to his brother vouch for Lydia. It was the exact same ceremony lines they all knew, but Farkas could hear the pride sincerity in Vilkas's voice. He was glad they'd managed to be here for this.