Memories

Their return to Jorrvaskr had been met with cheers and congratulations, and Tilma promising an impromptu feast.

Unfortunately Farkas and Duna were too tired to do a whole lot of celebrating, and they ended up spending most of the afternoon in Kodlak's study telling him and Vilkas about their plans to set up a peace council. Kodlak didn't like having any involvement in the war, but he agreed there didn't seem to be much choice. At least he approved of the neutral stance they'd be maintaining.

Vilkas was worried about the Thalmor attempting to intervene in the peace talks, and/or come after Duna again, and Duna figured it was a likely possibility. Farkas just had another reason to be glad he'd be going with her.

It was dinner time by the time they made it back upstairs, and Tilma had clearly kept her promise... and the whelps were getting started without them.

Skjor and Aela were out on a mission, but everyone else was there. Vilkas had quietly hinted to Farkas that he thought Skjor and Aela were out retrieving another fragment of Wuuthrad, and Farkas was impressed by the number of fragments now on display in the hall... it seemed to be a bit of a secret matter so Farkas didn't ask any more, instead turning his attention to the other Companions...

Anska and Lydia both seemed to have settled in well... he'd expected that of Lydia, but despite Vilkas's letter, Anska surprised him a little. It was strange to see new people interacting so comfortably with his family... it made Farkas realize just how much he'd been away lately...

He decided not to think too hard on that... decided to just be happy that his family was growing... and he liked Anska, though it still bothered him that he couldn't figure out why.

Over dinner Farkas told the story about the dragon that had knocked him through the ice and how that had resulted in him proposing to Duna. He didn't want to tell the stories of either of their last two dragon fights...

Then Anska told them all the story of how Duna and Farkas had stumbled upon her in the old dragon priest tomb and helped her finally find the scroll that proved her family line's connection to Ysgramor.

Farkas was a little surprised Anska had picked up as much details as she had about them... Duna just sighed and rolled her eyes as Anska told them how grumpy the Dragonborn had been, destroying everything in their path and then almost took on the dragon priest by herself. Farkas chuckled, and regarded his wife curiously... he never did really figure out what had made her so angry that day... at the time he was just so happy she'd calmed down he was happy to let it go. He wondered if he dared bring it up again... she didn't look angry about it now... maybe a little embarrassed as Anska's description got several chuckles from around the table... (and a scoff from Njada.)

"I was grumpy because I was afraid we wouldn't have time to get to an inn before dark," Duna explained with a good natured laugh. Farkas immediately noticed she was putting on an act... he saw Vilkas glance sideways at him from his seat on the other side of Lydia, but Farkas was sure everyone else believed her.

Then Duna told them all about Blackreach and of the countless Falmer they'd faced. Farkas noticed Vilkas looked impressed as he could probably tell she was being truthful now.

Farkas couldn't decide if he was relieved or disappointed that Njada didn't try to pick a fight when Duna retrieved her things... he wanted to see Duna take the damn woman down, but he also figured Duna would be much better prepared for having that brawl after getting some rest...

Duna got her things moved into his room without trouble... and that was when Farkas realized one complaint he'd have about living at Jorrvaskr once they were done with the dragons... Jorrvaskr's bath chamber was divided into men's and women's chambers, but there was no private bath he could enjoy with his wife...