Chapter 11 - Accurate

Jaclyn Rae

As I helped Ivonne preparing dinner, I found out one of the best weapon to tame Noah. Noah is not good with alcohol so he's not a drinker and he only can drink one small shot of it. He can't even handle wine or champagne because his body rejects alcohol and it will make him go drunk as soon as he took one big sip.

Noah was talking to his dad about medical things since his whole family is a doctor. His parents are actually the head doctors of their hospitals so they often move from state to state to manage the hospital.

Me and Ivonne talked about Noah and I tried my best to find information about him. I really want to know what he's like because I can use it against him later on. I need him to help me and I'm more persistent than ever after the talk that we shared this morning.

27 years of my life, I always get what I want. I always win either in arguments, sports, fight and the list goes on. Throughout the history of my life, I never have a man rejecting me before. They always want me and fight for me but this man, I offered myself and he just straight up rejecting me again and again.

Even kissing him didn't make any difference.

"I'm a little bit sad that Noah doesn't like me the way I like him. He says that I'm careless." I said sadly to Ivonne as we're waiting for the salmon to cook in the oven. "Really? He said that?"

"Do you know what type of woman that Noah likes?" I asked and Ivonne turned to me chuckling. "Oh, Jaclyn.. you don't need to change yourself for him. Be yourself and I'm sure he will like you. You're a really attractive girl." She said and I think she doesn't know her son that well.

"Noah, he's the type who is hard to open up with someone. He became cold and a little bit sensitive after Lisa passed away. He said it's hard to fix his broken heart and he kinda shut himself for years." His mom said as she looked at the oven blankly.

"I'm sorry about Lisa." I mean it because losing someone and coping with it is not easy. I coped with my mom's death by racing and I got into a big accident once. My family were concerned about me.

"It's okay, honey. It's been 20 years." I heard the door bell rings and Noah walked towards it. I took a glass of water because I'm thirsty and I choked on my own water when I saw my dad walking in. I saw the look on Noah's face like he's planning for this.

"I called your father earlier, I want to share this good news to him." Harrison said as he turned to me after hugging my dad.

"Amy told me that you're out of town and here you are. Why didn't you tell me?" My dad asked and I turned to Noah for help but he stood on the side smirking at me knowing that this might be a jackpot for him to kick me out.

"I'm moving in with Noah." I said and my dad raised my eyebrows. Noah's face was priceless after listening to my statement. He didn't see that coming at all. "Me and Noah have been hanging out a lot and we.. date."

"That's not true, Mr. Rae. We bot-"

"Noah until when will you deny our relationship, it's okay." I cut him and Noah looked at me coldly. I smiled and walked to my dad. My dad saw my bandages and his eyes widen.

"What happened?" He asked as he held both of my upper arms rightly. "She got into a car-"

"We were bicycling at the Central Park and I fell down. It's nothing big and besides dad.. I want to ask you something." I said as I turned to Noah happily. Noah raised his eyebrows at me waiting for me to continue.

"I really like this man and I.. was thinking if.. we can get married." Noah's face was more than just priceless. His eyes turned ice cold and it was clear to everyone that see his face that he's so angry at me.

"Really?" Ivonne asked.

"That's great." Harrison said and Noah shook his head disapprovingly. "We're not in love or even in a relationship. I'm not marrying you."

"Why not?" I asked in a sad tone and I turned to my dad.

"Shit!" Noah hissed as he ran his hands through his hair. "Let's have a talk, Jaclyn." He said as he gestured me to follow him. I turned to my dad and smiled. I followed him to his bedroom and he locked the door immediately. He grabbed my wrist dragging me to the bathroom closing the door.

"You're really trying to push my buttons huh?" He bursted angrily at me. I crossed my arms and looked straight at him. "This is your idea right? You told your parents to invite my dad here?!" I bursted back.

"I would gladly say yes but no, it wasn't my idea! Now since your dad already knew that you fell off from a bicycle, you can go back home." He said and he ended up laughing dryly.

"My parents not dumb, Jaclyn. They knew that your scars and the bandages were not from falling off the bike. They're a very good doctor but they kept their mouth shut about it because it's you!" He added and that honestly surprised me.

"I don't want to go home. He will kill me, Noah." I said because I know my dad will find someone to find what I've been doing lately after this. I know my dad very well and he will get my siblings involved.

"I don't care if he kills you or not, it's not my problem!"

"You really have no heart huh? Why is it so hard for you to help me? I told you that I will give you anything you want and I will pay you back!"

"I hate people who doesn't appreciate their lives. You are one of them and you care more about what people think of you. You want attention, you're selfish and you think everyone will do anything you want huh? I'm not one of them and I already told you that you should find someone else because I'm not going to help you." He said it in an angry tone but he was trying to calm himself from bursting out on me. His words were actually stabbing me right into my heart, no ones ever been this honest with me.

"I suggest you to go back with your dad and stop appearing in front of me. Find someone else who's willing to do everything for you and I bet you have a long line for it." He added and he walked out from the bathroom leaving me alone. I turned to the mirror and replay everything that he says to me again and again.

He was right.. everything that he says about me was accurate.