Chapter Fourteen PT. (2)

Liam, Niall and Harry were sitting eating some lunch lazily when the door swung wide. Liam was sitting against the arm rest, his legs splayed in front of him, and Niall’s small form tucked into the space provided. In then Harry was sprawled across a love seat, his feet hanging limply off the side of the couch. They heard voices, and the sound of a door closing.

“BooBear! Your home!” Harry yelled loudly, throwing himself off of the couch so fast he lost his footing and face planted into a rug. He scrambled to his feet, messaging his left cheek and sprinting around a corner quickly.  He sock-slid across about 4 feet of wooden expanse, and slid face first into Louis chest. He didn’t even notice Zayn clamp a hand over the eyes of a little girl, that is, until Zayn yelled,

“Harraaahh! Put some clothes on!” In then, finally, the chestnut headed boy did a 180 and found himself face to face, more like face to top of the head, with a very stout, clean cut looking little girl. He remembered her to be the announcer at the big fiasco of a prom. He opened his mouth to voice some questions but Zayn gave him a pointed look in then made googly eyes at Louis. “I’m gonna take her upstairs, yeah?” Zayn asks of no one in particular, wrapping an arm around the girls shoulder and leading her small frame away from the boys. Harry gave Louis an incredulous, WTF, face.

“Who is that?” He hissed under his breath, looking at his BooBear.

“My,” Louis made some type of pathetic motion with his hands and cast his blue eyes downwards, “My new adopted daughter.” It hit Harry like a train; he stumbled back a bit and put a hand to his pounding heart. What did Lou mean by that? Harry threw both arms in the air, in then grinned with saucer sized eyes.

“You’re joking, right? This is a joke, yeah?” Harry did a full 360 and said in a louder voice, “Bring out the cameras! That was a good one! I was scared for a second!” But when no black clad camera-men emerged, and he saw the hurt yet defiant look on his older friends face he knew it was true. Louis William Tomlinson was a dad. Oh fuck. He put a hand to his forehead and stumbled back into the living area, Louis tailing behind him. All he could do was sit onto the same rug he’d hit with his face earlier. He let out a series of breathy laughs as Lou rounded on Niall and Liam.

“Leam has Leukemia,” Louis managed, looking at the space above his friends head. Niall looked directly at Liam, his eyes wide with fear and shouted out.

“Oh my god! Liam we’ll get through this tog-“ He began.

“Not that Leam, the little girl! She got tested! And I signed a temporary eight month custody agreement.” He cut Niall off, his eyes nothing but slits in his face. He had rejection scrawled all over him. He lowered his haughty voice to a whisper. “Look, boys, she needs a safe environment. She needs us. She needs people who can afford what she wants,” He took in a shaky breath, his lungs quaking. “She’s dying.” His voice cracked and pitched from the phrase and he buried his hands in his hair. “She’s probably going to die and she needs to experience things.” Liam was the first one who found his voice in this mass of confusion.

“But we’re on tour-“

“And she could see the world! We can do this together, as one dad, or I can do it by myself!” Louis stated determinedly, clasping his hands under his chin in a prayer motion. “Management said yes. Y-E-S because it looks like we’re the nicest group of boys in the world. So, boys, please.” All he felt was Harry mobbing him in a large, bear hug. His cool chest pressing into his arm.

“I’ll help you, Boo. I always will.” He didn’t think of the layered meanings as he scooped up his Haz and shoved his face into the warm crook of his neck. He cried there, with Harry smoothing his hair and whispering nothings.