Chapter 8: Reflection

It was the next day after the party and Emma and I were sitting in my room.

"So do you like him?"

"I don't know Emma. You are kinda turning into Kamala Aunty. "

"Pshhht ok then," she said with a childish pout on her face.

"Fine well I just talked to him and well he did feel like a familiar person. Maybe it was the way I met him. I definitely agree that he is awesome to share the same opinion with us about slimeball but... Ah nothing. "

"Out with it Nithya. You can't hide anything from me, " Emma sang.

"Well when I met Kathir I was like ooh who is this guy. And I had so many questions as to why he was helping me. "

"And?"

"When I met Felix I chuckled at his cuteness in my head and I couldn't get those thoughts of him out of my brain."

"When I met Ed, he was joking about Sandra in a friendly way. When we had the one to one introduction. He was welcoming and stuff. But with Akilan, the introduction was like a scripted play rather than something from the heart. "

"So you definately don't have feelings towards Akilan?"

"No I don't and Kamala aunty is going to interrogate me when she finds out."

Through the corner if my eye I saw Emma's expression change.

"Wait, Emma do you like this boy?"

"Maybe I do, Maybe I don't. "
Then she bolted out of the room and probably went home.

Even if I did like Akilan anyway I couldn't bear to see the sleaze again. Saying yes to this proposal probably would result in seeing that slimeball again and again at family gatherings.

That party was certainly an eventful one. That old lady said that she remembered me really well. She even used my middle name Kalyani. Maybe she has dementia but still how would she link our names like that?

Maybe along with Kathir I had forgotten the lady too. I just couldn't get how I had these gaps in my memory.

How would have my family been able to hide a sister from me?
Where was Bhairavi now?
What was Bhairavi like?

Aaaaaaah everything is so confusing. Maybe I'd have to speak to Kathir about it since he was someone that I didn't remember. If I didn't remember him and I didn't remember Bhairavi surely they were linked in some way.

I decided to sit on the floor cross-legged in yoga style. I had learn't this when I was 12. That was surely before I lost my memory of these people. I hadn't sat like this for a long time.

I remember my yoga teacher telling me that meditation strengthened your memory and made you be more alert.

Suddenly I hear,
"Brush my teeth with a bottle of jack" in Kesha's voice which then abruptly stops.

Seriously, what has music these days got to. I also don't think that the lyrics have a good influence on people.

I went back to closing my eyes and trying to embrace the silence around me. Hopefully I'd be able to push away my brother's annoying music.

I sat straight with my focus being on Bhairavi.

What was she like?

What was her relationship with me?

How old was she?

I tried to think about her from every perspective. What I know is that I can't give up and that I'll find answers about her someday.

...

I was back at work again. I sat at my desk trying to work out how to keep the rollercoaster heigh up without it crashing under the force of gravity and many people dying and suffering. CALM YOUR IMAGINATION GIRL. OH YEAH THAT IS FELIX'S JOB.

Wonder where he is. He is lucky that Sandra is our manager.

On cue, Felix enters the room.
SPEAK OF THE DEVIL.

"Hi Felix. How was your weekend?"

"Oh hi Nithya didn't see you there. My weekend was good." Seriously that is the most stereotypical reply I have heard. I'm the type for stories, rather than summaries. That one word descriptive, NOT ENOUGH MATE.

"Oh I didn't ask, what about you?"
OH LORD HOW CAN I EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM.

"It was pretty eventful. I went to my nephew's birthday party I met a range of people and my aunty sent me on a blind date. "

"Aww babies are cool. They're just like tiny people, " he said whilst gesturing with his arms.
SO CUUUUUUUUTTEEEEEE.

HMMMM. I'm starting to get attached to this guy. Nah that can't be good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for taking absolutely ages to upload. University stuff and mocks have kept me busy.

The video above gave me the idea for the mini rant nithya has.

If I don't update before christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hope you all have a good break.

Please vote, comment and share. :)