Chapter 4: Hidden Feelings

About a week since the ball has passed and college was back on course. In her classes, Krista would learn how to become a music teacher and here and there she would write a few songs in her guitar class. Throughout the time, Niall would still flirt with her. She was very annoyed by it, but that didn't stop him. Every once in a while, Niall would say a pick up line to her and her response would be eyes rolling.

"Come on baby, just give me a chance." he said one day while leaning on a locker next to hers.

"Why should I?" she said putting books in her locker.

"Because deep inside I know you love talking to me. You love it when I use pick up lines on you." he smirked. Krista just shook her head.

"Just let me show you what I can do." he winked.

"Okay now you're being disgusting. I don't get why a lot of girls fall for you." Krista said.

"Well girls can't resist me. I know you can't resist me either."

"Wow, everyday you become more and more conceited. Must be a daily thing for you. Look, I have to get to class."

She walked away and went to her guitar class.

"Today I decided to have a little talent show. If you want to volunteer go right ahead." the teacher said.

"You should do it Krista." Max said to her.

"But I get so nervous." she laughed.

"Just pretend that they're not there."

Krista thought about it for a second and decided to volunteer. There was quite a few volunteers. After a few had their turn, it was soon Krista's. Her heart was beating fast and her palms got sweaty a bit. She felt a lump in her throat and she sat in a chair up front. This was way different than band practice. She began to pluck the strings.

"It's all the same, only the names have changed. Everyday it seems they're wasting away."

She looked up and saw everyone staring at her in awe. Even Niall was in awe.

'Wow, I never thought I could shock him in my entire life.' she thought to herself. She even noticed his lips moving. He must be singing along.

'Good taste in music too.'

She finished and everyone cheered for her. She smiled and blushed like an idiot. She went back to her seat and Max smiled at her.

"That was amazing."

"Thanks. I was so nervous. I usually don't sing in front of people much."

Max smiled and the class went by like a flash. She walked out and saw Niall walking up to her.

"I didn't know you liked Bon Jovi. I also didn't know you can sing. What the fuck?"

For once, Krista actually laughed.

"One, Bon Jovi is one of the greatest bands back in the 80s and two, surprise."

Niall laughed and hovered over her locker again.

"Wow I can't believe I got a laugh and not an eye roll this time."

"Don't push it Horan." Krista laughed. Niall smirked. Krista closed her locker and stood by it.

"You have a cute laugh." Niall said. Krista looked at home shocked.

"Thanks." she smiled. Was Niall Horan, the bad boy of the school going all soft for Krista? Niall smiled back, showing his bright white teeth.

"Um....Krista. Do you want to hang next Friday night?" he asked, blushing. For a moment, she said nothing. She couldn't believe that he wasn't being conceited or saying some old pick-up line.

"Sure." she smiled. He smiled back at her.

"Can I have your number, babe?"

Krista whipped out her phone and they exchanged numbers.

"Great, thanks babe."

"You know for a bad boy, you're pretty charming."

"Hey bad boys have feelings too, they just hide it better."

Krista smiled and began to walk away. She looked back and saw Niall smiling at her. She kept smiling and blushed as she turned away.

'For a bad boy, he's actually really sweet.' she thought to herself.