Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

11 ✽ The Third & Fourth Attempt

🌸

"There's a ghost behind you!"

As Eun-bi wrapped her arms around Yul, it dawned on her that he didn't just have the looks and wealth. Through those silk robes that he was wearing, she discovered that he wasn't as delicate as she thought a pampered young master would be. He may not be bulky, but his body certainly had a lot of hard, lean muscles.

It took every ounce of her willpower to resist the temptation of giving a light pat on his chest – an action that would definitely be cringeworthy for the people watching them.

However, her marvel soon turned into a look of scowl.

This was outrageously unfair! The both of them were born of nobility, but how was it that he possessed such flawless beauty and strength whereas she resembled an ugly duckling who behaved like a boy stuck in a female body?

Moreover, his scent was ridiculously clean and nice too. She always had the impression that all males were disgusting creatures that she should stay away from but oh boy, this man standing before her was proving her wrong.

He smelled like citrus with an undertone of masculinity and elegance that calmed her nerves quickly. She was certain that his intoxicating scent was capable of driving any female insane. With her body pressing against him and her cheek resting on his chest, she could feel his shock reverberating through him. He stiffened, before pushing her away from him with a lot more force than necessary, not even trying to be a gentleman this time.

Hm, what a strange creature.

Seemed like he wasn't particularly fond of females.

Yul stared down at her coldly. His eyes held guarded caution. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm sorry!" Eun-bi held up both hands in mock terror. "I thought I saw a ghost, but it was just one of those giant-like humans walking past this place. Silly me."

As she spoke, she noticed how their spectators were gaping at their exchange in sheer horror. Da-hee was so embarrassed that she started slinking her way towards the exit almost stealthily, clearly not wanting to be seen together with her lady who was behaving like a drunk woman on the streets.

As for Yul's bodyguard, he looked so appalled by Eun-bi's brazenness that his face paled, which soon turned into a look of disapproval. From the murderous glint in his eyes, she could imagine him tossing her into an abandoned well anytime soon and leaving her body there to rot for days.

Absolutely no way in hell was that happening.

While Eun-bi was engrossed with her little babbles in her head, Yul narrowed his eyes at her. He didn't seem at all impressed with her preposterous performance earlier.

"...shameless."

Wrinkling her nose, she suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. "I beg your pardon?" she snorted. "My lord, what did you just say? Did someone forget that his precious item is currently in my possession?"

In return, his lips tightened slightly and she swore she saw a twitch in his jaw.

Although it was rather quick and faint, she knew what she saw! She could barely suppress the urge to pump her fists into the air excitedly, knowing that she was finally making a little progress after several attempts of arousing his reactions.

She regained her bearings quickly and decided to schedule a meeting first. "We shall meet at Granny Ok-sook's tavern tomorrow noon. How does that sound?"