Planting The Seed

It had been weeks since she last saw him

It had been weeks since she last saw him. Periodically she would catch glimpses of him in town. She would always see him first and then shy away. Her heart always thumped out of her chest which made her anxious and nervous, quite the opposite of how she once was. The talk of the city was that there was a new hero in Gotham, a winged man everyone was calling Batman. He had just put away one of the most insane cases Gotham had ever faced and was now doing his nightly duties of cleaning up the scum from Gotham's streets. Ivy didn't pay him much attention, once she was at her full potential she knew nothing would be able to stop her. As she placed her flowers outside for the public to see she noticed that they weren't as vibrant as they once were. She knew the reason but shook it off, knowing she couldn't face Harry again, not after trying to seduce him and then killing him.

"I want something to say how sorry I am." A man said looking at the display of colored roses on the tables. "A rose stands for love, you want one for forgiveness." she said handing him a flower of such meaning. "The Hyacinth flower means forgive me, where as the Snapdragon, offers an apology. You choose." she said as she handed the man the flowers. He pondered and chose what he wanted and paid her most handsomely. She had to admit, her love for nature had been her saving force and she was quite fond of actually seeing people then to see them scream out her name. She placed the money in her pocket and held the door open for him as he left. "Oh ma'am, there's a bouquet here." he said almost stumbling over it as Ivy looked down to see a box with a bow and a bouquet of bright yellow daffodils. There was no note but she knew who it was from. She should be the one giving him gifts, she thought as she picked up the flowers spoke to them. They told her this gesture meant a lot, they seemed happy and thriving, unlike her babies whom were missing that vitality. She kissed the petals and smiled at them. Daffodils meant new beginnings, how fitting her thought as she opened up the box to see a home cooked vegan breakfast. She couldn't help but smile looking down the alley to see him but alas no one was there.

The next day there was a meeting at the town hall for the citizens to discuss the new protocol for Gotham City now that it had a protector. The winds were insanely cruel in the lower depths as people gathered around to see and hear what the Mayor had in mind. Ivy stood on the outskirts keeping her green dress down as the curious stares from men surrounded her. She ignored the gazes and watched as people filed in and desperately searched for one she had missed. Her heart stopped as she saw him across from her, his face in a more serious manner as he looked up at the stage. He seemed to be engaged in a conversation as people flocked towards him. She wanted to be one of them as her body wanted more than anything to run across to him and kiss him. She held back and bit her lip as he walked closer. His entire way was carefree yet cautious. She knew he could defend himself if it came down to it. She could sense that power he had in him, something most men fail to carry.

 She could sense that power he had in him, something most men fail to carry