Chapter 3

I woke up and felt myself being picked up. I noticed Liam was carrying me.

"I am sorry I can walk," I said holding back a yawn.

"It's okay. I brought you to my house because my parents will be away for the night and I didn't know where you live," He explained. I was relieved that I didn't have to go home to an empty house.

He carried me to his basement which was finished and turned into a mini apartment for him. He had a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom all downstairs. He laid me down on the couch and sat next to me after handing me a blanket. I wrapped myself in the warmth and we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"I haven't told my mother yet and I don't know how she is going to react," I finally admitted.

"You are going to have to tell her at some point. I told my mother yesterday night and she told me to talk to you," He said looking at his hands. He looked so innocent at this moment I couldn't believe this was the same Liam I have known.

"The entire school knows I am pregnant," I said putting my head inside my hands.

"I know and I understand what you are going through," He said finally.

"No, you don't know. I am going to be the one with a giant bump. I am the one stuck with awful morning sickness, and I am the one being judged not you" I said finally snapping.

"What do you want me to do Lilly announce to the entire school that you are having my baby? That we are in love? Because that isn't going to happen" He said standing up pacing around the room.

"No. I don't care what you do. Go ahead have sex with all the girls you can get your hands on. Who knows, I may not be the only person with your baby" I said pissed off at him for everything he said even though I knew I didn't have a right to be mad.

"I am doing everything that I can. I am trying to be responsible here and you are just being difficult" he said running his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry," I said immediately regretting starting this fight.

"I am sorry too. I know you are stressed out and this is a lot to take in. But it is a lot for me also. I thought I was going to be kicked out of the house for this. I also don't know what to do, my parents were drug addicts I never learned shit from them" He said reaching into his pocket and grabbing a cigarette. As he went to light it, he looked at me and instantly put it down.

"Sorry bad habit," he said, putting it back in his pocket.

"I am sorry too. I never thought about how this would be affecting you as well" I admitted to him trying to reach a truce.

"Let's figure out what our plan is going to be for handling this," he finally said and I agreed.

"I think we should consider adoption" I finally said after some thinking.

"No. Out of the question" Liam said sounding pissed.

"Do you really want to have a baby at 17? They take up a lot of time and money, not to mention this isn't some school project this is a lifetime commitment," I said trying to reason with him.

"I am not going to be a deadbeat father who takes his baby and hands it over to a random couple," he said playing with his lighter.

"I understand it will be hard but we should still consider it as an option. We aren't even friends, how do you expect us to raise a child together" I said crossing my arms.

"Some divorced couples hate each other and still manage to make it work. Plus I will pick up more hours at work to start saving money" he said.

"How about college? You have been applying to schools 2-4 hours away from here. Plus I still want to at least graduate high school," I pointed out to him.