Chapter 8

Lily's Point of View

I woke up at 10:00 to go downstairs to make breakfast.( I like to wake up early to avoid my parent's fighting.) Unfortunately they were already awake and arguing. Ugh I thought I could make my breakfast in peace. I just went back upstairs and the house phone starts to ring and on the caller id it said it was my school. I decided not to answer it so it left a message saying that school was cancelled 'cause a storm was coming. I looked outside and saw some dark clouds start forming so I thought I should go get my breakfast from the café before the storm hits. I get ready and quickly head out the door avoiding my parent's. I start walking down the street and I hit the corner where I bump into someone. I was about to say, "Hey watch where ya going you knuckle head!" Until I looked up and realized it was Dylan. I started helping him pick up his stuff and I said hi to him but he did not seem that happy. After that we both say sorry to each other at the same time. So then I start a conversation and he is just listening and then I decided since I really like him I should ask him on a date. When I asked him he looked like he just woke up so I figured that he was not paying attention to anything I said. I was kind of glad because I realized that I wasn't ready since I just met him so I try to make a save by asking him the "date" he is going to join a club. He looked confused but he did answer my question in a way. (In my head I am like," That is the most stupidest thing to say!") After that I start talking about how cool art was to draw attention away from my horrible question but he just looked bored and inpatient so I decided to stop talking and say goodbye. After that I head to the café and when I get there it is a little busy, but I make my way up front by pretending I was in front. Luckily I did not have to since my BFF was there so she let me be in her line spot with her and we finally get to the front where my friend orders a whole bunch of drunks and I just get a latte with French toast. When we get our order we leave the café and she tells me," I would love to stay but I have a lot of things to do today so I tell her, "Text ya later!" After she leaves I cross the street and this car comes out and......! Hoooonnnnnkkk!!!