Chapter 11

Dylan's Point of View

"Surprise!"
"What the?!" Dylan says. He then realizes that it is his parent's.
"When did u guys come back from Mexico?" Dylan says tiredly.
"Just this morning honey. Why did you miss us?" his mom says.
"Yeah, but don't talk about it, Dylan says all embarrassed.
"Well I have to head to school but after that we can spend the rest of the day together," Dylan says happily. He rushes downstairs and takes his breakfast to go.
"Bye mom,bye dad, he says in a hurry.
"Bye son," dad says.
Before his mother could even say goodbye he is already gone.
*sigh*
"What is it dear," Mr.Mantiago says worriedly towards his wife.
"He seems so happy living here and I don't want to ruin his happiness when he finds out we are moving," she says sadly.
******
Meanwhile at school Dylan couldn't focus on school 'cause all he could think about is seeing Lily after school.*Dylan's Mind: Is it weird that I really want to see Lily. Maybe not I might just be overthinking it. What if I'm not. Sure she seemed pretty annoying and weird when I met her but I think I am getting to know her a little bit better. And she isn't that stuck up of a person I thought she was. Yesterday when we were talking she told me her secrets, fears, hopes, and inspiration.*Sigh*
The school bell finally rings and it is lunch time. I still have no where to sit even though it is the third month of school so I just sit next to the bathroom door. Then this group of girls with the most girly outfits came and said all giggly,"Hey you want to sit with us cutie?"
I was about to say no until these 3 boys came and said,"Why would he want to sit next to you,stuck up princesses."
"Excuse me was I talking to you?" She said all sassy.
"I don't really think I need your permission to talk to him or anyone," he says while laughing and highfiving his friends.
"Ugh, whatever, come sit with us cutie whenever you can ditch these losers. Later. Girls."(snaps her fingers) she says. The boys laugh at the girls while they walk away. The boys ask me to sit with them so I do. The whole entire time they talk about how excited they are for this bike and skateboard competition. I just sit there quietly eating lunch until the bell rings. I have two more classes left and then I get to see Lily. Science was super fun but English was so boring. It felt like I was in there forever and then the bell finally rang. I rushed out of the class and went to my locker. I gathered my stuff and went to the bus stop to go to the Open Heart Hospital. When I got there Lily wasn't in her room. I asked the nurse where she was and she was checking her files. She said she had checked out. I was wandering where she could be. On my way out I bumped into someone without looking where I was going.
"Ow,ow,ow!" The girl says.
"I am so sorry let me help you, I say.
I look up and realize it's Lily.
"Oh my goodness! Lily are you okay," I say worriedly.
"I'm fine you can calm down Dylan," she says calmly. I help her up and get her crutches. We walk together and I take her to my favorite café. We sit down in a booth together and we get to know each other better. After hanging out for 2 to 3 hours I walk her home. We make it to her house. We are standing on her porch and we start to stare at each other. We both blush but I thought she looked kinda cute when she blushes. She leans forward and kisses me on the cheek. She gets into the house quickly. I touch my cheek and smile. I go home and keep thinking about that kiss. I enter my house and both my parents are sitting on the couch like they have been waiting for me to come home.
"Hey mom, hey dad what's going on?" I say.
"Well honey, we... we have some bad news," she says disappointedly.
"What is it?" I say beginning to get worried.
"We have to move," dad says.
"What...why?" I say all upset.
"Well the bills just keep getting higher and higher. We can't pay the bills for the house anymore," my mom says.
"There has to be something we could do! I can get a job or find some loose change," I say in a panic.
"Dylan, Dylan! There isn't much we can do unless a miracle happens. But we have a week before we leave so don't be completely sad," my dad says.
"Your right. I just can't believe this is happening," I say.
"I know but it's going to be okay. Well it's about time that you went to bed," mom says sweetly.
"Okay...night," I say sadly.
"Night, says mom and dad.
I go to bed but I couldn't sleep thinking about what just happened. I just started to settle in and maybe even begin to develop some feelings for Lily that I don't even understand. I just hope tomorrow will be a better day.