Chapter 13

*Friday. Before first period starts.*

Dylan finds Lily at her locker.
"Hey Lily," Dylan says.
"Oh,hi Dylan. What are you doing at my locker. Not that I am trying to shoo you away or anything," Lily says nervously.
"Right,anyway I was wondering if we could study together for that science test after school. Since you are really the only person I know in this entire school," Dylan says.
"Sure I would be delighted to study with you, Lily says happily.
"Great I'll meet you in front of the school and we'll walk to your place together," Dylan says.
Dylan and Lily face a long day of school together since they have most of the same classes. After the long and challenging day at school Lily and Dylan both rush to their lockers and meet up in front of the school. On the way to Lily's house she tells Dylan about all the "get well cards" she got. When they finally made it to Lily's place she offers Dylan a snack. They eat and study at the same time for their science quiz tomorrow. They study for about an hour and they take a little break. They talk about how silly their history teacher, Mr. Backster, is. Then Lily asks,"Do you think our relationship or whatever it is we have is real or just based on this accident I had?"
"Well...I don't know," he said.
They don't even realize they have been talking for an hour and they begin to lock eyes. Then.... they kiss.
"Whoa," they both say at the same time.
They touch hands and then Lily's dad walks in.
"Hey guys," Lily's dad says.
They quickly let go of each other's hands and go back to study.
"Hey daddy," Lily says normally as possible.
"Whatcha guys up to?" He says.
"Just studying dad," Lily says a bit annoyed.
Lily was trying to signal his dad to get out. It took him a while to understand but he finally left. Then, Lily and Dylan begin to talk to each other again.
"Well it was great studying with you and I hope we can do it again sometime," Dylan says happily.
"Yeah I hope so too. See you tomorrow. Bye," Lily says.
"See ya tomorrow," Dylan says.
****
*Dylan's Mind:Wow that was an amazing first kiss. I wonder if this means we're a couple now. I hope we are because I just realized today on this starry night in Los Angeles that I LOVE Lily Faunt.
****
*Lily's Mind:Best. Night. Ever. We actually kissed. Now that this has happened I understand that there are more to boys than a pretty face. I can actually connect to one and understand....Dylan.Wow, I love Dylan Mantiago.
*****
Dylan's Dream/Mind: Lily is standing outside of my favorite café and calling my name. She begins to repeat-"Is our love real?!" My head begins to hurt but I can't wake up. She stops talking. My pain drifts away slowly and then she disappears. I look around to see where she is but she is gone. Then I turn around hearing this heavy breathing and it is her looking all zombie like."Wake up!" She says scary like.
****
Dylan wakes up and realized that it is just a nightmare.