4

Kim's POV
I groan quietly as I come to, the last thing I remember being Hailey holding my hand and Jay trying to stop the bleeding. I open my eyes, blinking a couple times to adjust to the bright light. "Hailey?" I manage to whisper, hoping she's here. "Adam." Adam says coming into view. "Where's Hailey?" I ask quietly, looking around. "I don't know, I'm not in charge of her." He says and I frown. "What's your problem Adam? I was shot today and the last thing I remember is Hailey holding my hand while Jay tries to stop me from bleeding to death- so I'm sorry that the last person I remember seeing, is the first person I think of when becoming conscious again." I say starting to cry, getting overwhelmed. Before he can say anything else the door opens and Hailey and Jay walk in, Hailey holding a get well soon basket and Jay some balloons. I watch Hailey quickly sit the basket down and come over to me through the tears. "Kim? What's wrong, why are you crying? Why is she crying?" She asks as she wipes away my tears before turning to look at Adam, Jay also turning to look at him from his spot on the other side of me. "Why do you think I did something?" Adam asks, getting defensive. "Because when we left ten minutes ago to go to the gift shop, she was asleep." Hailey says and I look back over at Adam, before looking at Jay, knowing he can get Adam out of here. "Cmon Adam. Let's take a walk." Jay says, gently grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the room before he can protest. I very carefully lean against Hailey as she settles down next to me. She gently plays with my hair and I start to fall asleep.  "Go to sleep Kim, I'll be here when you wake up." She whispers and I let myself fall asleep.
*****************************************
i love Adam, BUT  I needed a bad guy sooooo