Candles of Truth

The sound of arrows slicing through the air and the sight of one crossing Stormfire's wing made Lyanna cut the skies towards the Red Fortress like lightning.

She needed to decide where to fall. Where to land. She needed to ponder her options and don't get carried away by fear. Because any bad decision, any decision could make a difference for Rhaegar.

It could mean life or death.

When she asked Rhaegar to go on that experimental flight, Gray Worm was at the garden party, with Missandei, near her parents' table. But the garrison of Unsullied was closer to the front courtyards.

They would take an order from her, wouldn't they? Many guards were scattered across the castle. Hundreds. But there should still be a few dozen soldiers near the main entrance of the Red Keep. It would have to be enough.

Lyanna was trying to decide that, where to land, or if her word would suffice, the desire to return, to be with Rhaegar, to help him. But it was too close to the Castle and she needed to decide immediately.

She would not go down near the gardens. There was no way to say what was happening without ruining the party for good, without spreading panic among the guests. And also, without leave their image weakened before all the nobles of the Kingdom.

No. She needed to be quick. Her word would have to be enough. She needed to land where would find more Unsullied. Her brother was serving as bait so they could get the people who tried to hurt them.Everything to get information. Clues. Names. She had to make it worth the risk that Rhaegar was taking at that moment.

Lyanna made the most abrupt landing of her life at the main gates of the Red Keep, Khaleeth's wings and tail dropping and breaking things.

Her hands trembled to break free of the saddle devices, but in compensation her legs reacted to the slightest thought, making her jump hurriedly and firmly off Khaleeth.

She was already running towards the nearest guard, when the main doors of the Keep opened, revealing a group she didn't think she would find there, all walking hurriedly towards her, everyone with worried and alert faces, as if they already knew everything.

Gray Worm. Her father. Her mother. And her Aunt Arya, behind ,  the captain of Meeren, Daario Naharis.

An explosion of questions came out of them. And she didn't know which to answer first.

"Where's Rhaegar?" Dany asked.

"Are you hurt?" Jon asked.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Arya asked, louder than all of them.

"We were flying over the city. And then... arrows . Many arrows. Rhaegar is still there.

He wanted me to come back to warn, to seek the Unsullied. So that they catch who is inside the tower" Lyanna said, with a single breath " He is in the center of the merchants neighborhood, Rhaegar is flying over there" Lyanna continued, turning her back on the group, running towards Khaleeth, seeing Arya and Gray Worm already running out to, when she felt her arm being pulled. Her father.

"You stay" Jon said. Firmly. The hard face.

"Rhaegar needs help!" Lyanna countered, pulling her arm of her father's hand.

Ignoring his surprised look at her reaction.

"Help is on the way. I'll go myself. And you stay" Jon repeated, pointing to the doors of the Red Keep.

"Drogon is not here. Rhaegar needs another dragon by his side" Lyanna argued, irritated, wide-eyed at her father, seeking help from her mother who only looked at two, swallowing. Without saying what she wanted to hear. Let her go. Go up to Khaleeth and help Rhaegar.