5 | Kocho Shinobu

The Little Softie
An X Female Reader
Has Manga Spoilers
Requested

I still remember back then, it was my first day as a pillar.

I kept stammering. "H-Hi!" Even my voice cracked while greeting. I couldn't help but fidget a whole lot than usual at the new faces surrounding me. "N-Nice to meet you! I'm Sei Onamae." Still, I smiled. Nervously, at that. However, my worried self faced this big guy with golden locks, who smiled, with his booming voice to greet back. He was so polite. He was the same as the man with white hair who held two blades, as well as their tallest member, who claimed to be Himejima-san. A woman named Shinobu-san smiled softly at me and another, whose visible chest making me flustered and a little bit of uncomfortable, embraced me like I was the cutest child in the universe. I was engulfed in such a warming hug in my first day, that it actually felt like I was home. I really felt that I was welcomed.

It was sadly ruined by two cocky guys who claimed to be better, Shinazugawa-san and Obanai-san. Now, there was this guy, Giyuu-senpai. He glanced at me. That's it. Muichiro's the same, though the little ganders meant acknowledgement, so I'll take it.

My adoration to the first mentioned five pillars blossomed. I idolized them, even though I was quiet as Giyuu-senpai. He's worst than me in socializing, so that actually put me at ease. I try to converse with him time to time. Frequently, we would enjoy the beautiful silence while quietly acknowledging each other's presences during our missions together. Shinazugawa-senpai, I still hate. On the other hand, thanks to my relationship with Mitsuri-san, I get to blackmail Obanai-san whenever he tries to do something shabby or threaten me.

"Don't go off with Kanroji all alone." He often told me this in an intimidating voice, yet I couldn't care less.

"I'll tell Mitsuri-san you bullied Tanjiro."

It was fun.

Year after year, I stayed and lived with these unique people beside me. I grew to be comfortable. I was always shy back then, especially to those older than me. I had no trouble of interacting to those younger than me, since I treated them as siblings. In short, I was close with them. We treated each other with respect and even had some playful bickering. They were my family.

Everyone in the Demon Slaying Corps was my family, especially the Insect Pillar and the Love Pillar. However, Shinobu Kocho was the person I'd always run into whenever in need. I'd often hang out with her at the butterfly estate, either drinking tea and exchanging gossips or helping around with the chores. She was always the unique petite girl, and her teasing remarks with Giyuu satisfied me. She was fun to have around.

Not anymore.

It's been months. Onamae stood still in front of two graves that held familiar names. She found herself going here frequently, saying news to the pillars that passed away. She smiled at the thought—they were free from pain, and hoped they'd at least watch over the others, especially Oyakata-sama.

The sun set and twilight fell. Onamae observed her surroundings, searching for a certain individual. "Where is that cheeky thief?"

Onamae was on guarding duty in the district she was assigned to. There may be a slight commotion she ran into. Now she's here in the forest, taking a gander at every direction. It was the third day, still no demons were found. Since the demon slayers now had something Muzan wanted, security was doubled. Yet, no demons had set foot in any district. It was the calm before the storm. With Nezuko hidden, they'd guess the demons were preparing and looking for their destination. In short, they were going to proceed to the pillar training.