9 | Pillars / Shinazugawa

To My Flower
An X Child Reader
Requested

"Oyakata-sama."

The mentioned made its way and welcomed his presence in front of the pillars. Kamado Tanjiro remained immobile, as Obanai locked the young one's arm on his back. Giyuu glared and grabbed his coworker's wrist. The snake pillar snatched his hand back. Tanjiro took this opportunity to approach her sister. He shouted her name in repeat. Although his voice remained croaky, he waited for a response. A slight creak caught his attention, yet it wasn't coming from his sister's box.

His plum, red eyes darted towards the one who stood beside the box. A presence, intimidating yet warm. There stood a woman, with an appearance of a twelve-year-old, barefoot. A certain indigo ombre kimono hugged her figure, and her iro hair remained in place as wind began to rush pass her. Her right hand was gently placed on top of Nezuko's safe place.

Shinobu's steady glares stood on the woman even some of the pillars are unfamiliar of. Rengoku and Obanai's grips swiftly brushed the hilt of their sheathed katanas. Giyuu only kneeled. Uzui and Gyomei watched with relaxed anticipation, while Mitsuri looked a little lost. The youngest eyes roam along the grounds of the estate, while the Wind Hashira growled. They sat, eying their prey.

A white-haired daughter on Oyakata's left, Nichika, held the end of her father's yukata.

"Ah, Onamae." The man of the house briefly took a gander to the presence's direction. The pillars all stiffened at the mention of a passing's name.

"A wonderful day it is, my cousin." The lady in the kimono smiled.

Onamae Sei is her name. Born out of wedlock, she stood as one of the close acquaintances of the Ubayashiki family. Yet due to certain circumstances, she, herself disappeared.

Onamae glanced at her said cousin, which is the head of the Demon Slaying Corps. She smiled, hand still on top of the wooden box. "Why must you wish for my presence this early?"

The head only looked back at her direction. Oyakata-sama exclaimed. "Are you somewhat looking for entertainment, dear Sei?"

The other daughter of Hinaki Ubayashiki, then approached the lady. She bowed in respect. She then lent both of his cupped hands out as Onamae placed a certain silver tsuba on the young one's palms.

Tanjiro blinked. Onamae disappeared.

Kanroji glanced up at Uzui on her left. She remained kneeling in front of the presence of Ubayashiki. She whispered, "Uzui-senpai, who is she?"

Uzui smirked. "One of the founders of the Demon Slaying Corps. A dear friend of mine and Himejima-san's." He sighed. "It is said that her soul remained inside of her own guard."

Giyuu glanced at his right. Onamae Sei was only said to appear when needed.

Hinaki then gave the quillon to her sister. "Well, then," Kagaya smiled. "We shall continue on Kamado Tanjiro's trial."

A mix of disagreements echoed in the estate. Refusing a demon was only natural, yet Urokodaki Sakonji's letters beg to differ. It was a huge risk for Oyakata-sama. Sanemi Shinazugawa continued to voice out his thoughts and has decided to test Nezuko's "innocence" himself.

Him cutting his arm and stabbing the box once earned him an unresponsive Kamado. Thus, he kicks the box inside a house, away from sunlight. He approaches it as the box reveals a demon, yet he stopped from his tracks mid-way.

Nezuko peeks from her safe square.

Onamae stood in front of Sanemi.

Unbothered, Sanemi glared at the petite lady. "Move."