8 | Tokitou Twins

Our Way of Comfort
An X Reader
Requested, Angst Ahead

"Onamae, are you going to attend the meeting?" A student asked the wandering student. The latter only smiled and went along with her batchmate. However, a little bit of surprise decided to meet them along the hallway.

Onamae's companion, Kamado Nezuko, gasped. Her eyes were fixated on two similar-looking students. Sei didn't even bother to take a moment's worth of a glance to this so called "popular boys," not until they decided to grab her attention. Literally.

A hand made its way around Onamae's wrists. She was caught off guard and immediately tried to jerk off the hand off her skin. Yet, the fellow batchmate's grasp only tightened. Her eyes then drift to the one's holding her.

Nezuko's facial features were filled with utter confusion—was there any relation between Onamae and the school's renowned shogi players?

The answer was clear, Onamae didn't know who both were. She wasn't stupid, if this was one of those cliché, "childhood friend" stories, she wasn't having any of it. She left this hometown at such a young age; it would be logical to assume these two twins were part of her childhood.

Yet, she didn't care. People change, they leave, and they live life. That's about it.

This uneasy feeling, however, bothered her to the core.

"Onamae, why are you ignoring us?"

Ignorance? Why, I haven't been ignoring anyone on purpose. Onamae yet again, forcibly yanked her hand away. She was successful and then immediately caressed her hand. Glares of thorns immediately were sent to their way. "Who are you?"

The other had his eyes widened, with his mouth agape. The other twin stiffened.

Her dear batchmate spoke up. "You haven't heard of them, Onamae?"

"Why would I?" She scoffed.

"They're the Tokit—"

"Doesn't matter." Onamae kept her composure and left the scene. It already grabbed a crowd's attention. She only wished for a peaceful school year, with no drama specifically. If she were to collide with anyone in her past again, it would mean danger. Whoever the twins were, she didn't care. It'd be better off not knowing them.

"O-onamae-chan!" Nezuko reached out to her batchmate. Onamae didn't even dare look back. The flustered Kamado scrambled on answers, and in the end, relied to her gut feeling. She quickly gave a bow to the respective siblings. She repeated her apologies, before hurrying to catch up to her friend.

"It's her, right?" Muichirou glanced to his big brother, expecting a satisfying answer. With a hopeful gleam, his breath hitched. Is it really her?

Yuuichirou, the eldest, looked down on his palm. He sighed, a visible smirk appearing on his features. "Yep, it's her."

Nezuko was the renowned alluring student in her batch. Despite that, attention hasn't been always on her.

"Sei-san...please accept this gift of mine!"

"Sei. I would love to court you."

"Onamae-chan, I like you—n-no need to reciprocate! A-I-I just want to let you know."

The mentioned hand's slammed with abrupt force on her own desk. She shot up and eyed the specified gentleman. "I do not have such interests in the subject of relationships, senpai." She looked at the man with a frown. "Please, excuse me."