10

[Unedited] it has been a journey bois :')

THIS IS SO BAD ARGH I TRIED SO HARD TO MAKE THE INTERACTIONS AUTHENTIC AND NATURAL BUT I'M SO BAD AT THIS  AND IT BECAME SO UNNECCARISLY WORDY PLEASE UGH AND I REALLY WANNA BE A CHILDREN'S STORYBOOK WRITER LIKE JAQUELINE WILSON WHEN I CAN'T EVEN FANFICTION 

So here he was, Kim Taehyung standing outside his crush, Kim Namjoon's bedroom door. 

This is so dumb, why am I so nervous to see the man I have known for 10 years now. Taehyung may be in love with Namjoon but the man was his best friend first.

He lifted his hand and knocked on the door, "Joon-hyung?" There was shuffling on the other side before the door creaked open revealing Namjoon in his Koya pajamas and floppy soft hair looking like the cutest fluff ever.  Namjoon smiled at Taehyung and ushered him inside. 

"Tae! I have something I wanted to give you," He explained.

"Give me? Why? You didn't have to get me any-"

"I know I didn't have to but I saw this at a thrift shop and  I immediately thought of you!" Namjoon said pulling out a small vintage looking box.   

Taehyung's eyes sparkled with interest. He loved vintage things, they all had their own stories that fascinated him. 

"What is it?" he asked with curiosity. 

Namjoon lifted the hexagonal lid to reveal 2 jade rings like the ones that royalty used to wear. Taehyung loved traditional Korean things, jade rings might be outdated now but Taehyung didn't care. They were so pretty and full of history and stories for him. 

"Hyung!"  Taehyung reached out and picked up a ring and examined it in the soft light of the bedroom. It was so pretty! A bunch of ideas flooded through Taehyung's brain, providing him with the probable stories and history behind the ring and where all it had been and seen even if it was just an inanimate object. This is why he loved vintage and antique things, someone at some point in history, maybe a royal, had held this very ring the way Taehyung was holding right now. Who was that person? Maybe this ring had been a gift to them from someone they deeply loved as well just like Taehyung had been. Taehyung tore his eyes away from the ring to the man with who he was in love. The one who was now staring at him with slightly nervous and excited eyes. Taehyung loved him. Taehyung was in love with Namjoon. 

He looked at Namjoon with such a fond expression that Namjoon blushed,

"Uh, Taehyung? Do you like it?" Namjoon asked, shifting from foot to foot,

"Hyung. I love you," the words were out of Taehyung's mouth before he could register what he was doing, but he did not regret them. If anybody deserved to know that they were loved, it was Namjoon. He owed so much to this man. 

Namjoon's cheeks flushed and he looked away in embarrassment. 

"I love you too Taeh-"

"No! Joon! I am in love with you," Taehyung cut him off fiercely. 

"Oh," Namjoon's mouth made a tiny O and his eyes widened in realization. 

And then it was like a spell had been lifted off Taehyung and he snapped out of the short-lived bravery and confident persona that had taken over. 

"Uh- Um thank you so much hyung I'm sorry bye-"  Taehyung turned around and ran away, yanking the door open with his left hand as his right still clutched the jade ring tightly against his chest, the rest of the gift was still in Namjoon's hand.

Namjoon snapped out of his daze at that but before he could speak Taehyung was already gone. 

"Oh! Oh no!" Namjoon leaped for the door and ran out only to see Taehyung's form disappearing behind the door to his room and it slamming shut behind the younger man.