Chapter 17

A/n - Day fucking 75 of quarantine. I bleached the two front pieces of my hair, developed a crush on a childhood friend, Re-decorated my room for the 500th time, and cried a lot
A/n 2 - im mentally unstable sorry for the long wait for this chpt

Y/n's POV
     King stayed comfortably close to me as we followed Ban to the 'Sacred Tree'. Surprisingly, even after years of not being here, the land seemed very well taken care of. The Sacred Tree peeking above the apex of the surrrounding forest, small flowers blooming in a variety of different colors. Fairies of all sizes and colors doing their everyday duty of caring for their home. It warmed my heart to see that even after everything that happened, they still did their best to tend to the Fairy Realm.
I was broke out of my trance when I heard a name being chanted, "King Ban has returned!!"
My eyes widened, 'King Ban?' I thought to myself, looking at King standing next to me, searching for any reaction in his eyes. Yet his face was unreadable, not one speck of guilt or doubt. I could tell deep down that he was hurt in some sort of way, he just refused to show it.
The fairies quickly gathered around Ban, their figures being so tiny next to Ban's abnormally tall one.
Eyes quickly resorted to the rest of the group, landing on King and I. The realm went silent, only a cough or sniffle heard here and there from a fairy. "Miss Y/n?"  I heard one of the fairies call my name, I turned my head to see a little fairy dressed in all green, tears in his eyes. "H-How.. yo-you were killed in battle!" The small fairy cried, grabbing everone's attention. Right I forgot, I died. Well I didn't forget I died, I forgot that the fairies thought I was still dead. I gave a small smile to the shocked fairies, "It's a long story, we can all talk about it later." I said sweetly, patting the small fairy on the head.
"Harlequin! Why is he here! TRAITOR!!" I heard the fairies begin to riot at King's return. From the corner of my eyes I saw King look away from the chaos. His eyes clouded over with a layer of gloss, his hand tightly gripping. His fingers wrapped around my small hand, squeezing harder everytime an insult was thrown his way.
"Traitor!"
"You aren't our King anymore!"
"You don't deserve to be King!"
"Leave!"
My heart ached for him, I couldn't do anything but watch and comfort him. Eventually Ban cut in with melancholy statement, "I have something to do, wait here." before walking towards the 'Sacred Tree'
King and I wandered through the forest, hand in hand, swinging our arms slightly back and forth. The cool spring breeze blowing my (H/c) hair in different directions. "King are you ok?" I asked, stopping mid-walk. He nodded.
"Y-Yeah! I'm alright..I understand why they still hate me." He sighed sitting himself down under a tree. We sat there together and talked, I tried my best to comfort him. He seemed almost used to this, it broke my heart.

No one POV

King and Y/n sat in a comfortable silence. Yet King seemed to be zoning out. He stared into the field before them. A warm feeling of nostalgia filling his body, remembering some of the most memorable moments him and Y/n had shared here.
flashbacks in italics

---
There she stood in the field, a beautiful girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair and glistening (e/c) orbs. A smile brighter than the sun captivating King in a bubble of love. He stared at the girl, who appeared as a goddess to him. Y/n. They met when Y/n appeared in the Fairy Realm one rainy day bloodied and beaten. King took it as his responsibility to protect and care for her ever since then.
-------

"Harlequin! wait up!" King heard, the familiar voice making his heart skip a beat. He turned around to be met with her glossy (e/c) eyes. "Y-Y/n!" he stammered, "Is everything alright?" King questioned, examining the girl's figure for amy injuries.  She nodded, holding out a basket in her hands. King looked down, her small hands gripping the basket. He placed his hands upon hers giving her a smile.
"I made you a meal incase you get hungry while on your trip!" Y/n exclaimed, proud of her meal. "Thank you Y/n, Ill be back before you know it." King placed a small kiss on her forehead before making his way.
Thats when he knew he'd always love her
----
"Ki-"
"King!"
"Oh my- Harlequin!"
King snapped out of his trance, awoken by Y/n's soft yet demanding voice.
"Are you alright?" She asked, looking at him. Those eyes brighter than ever.
"Y-Yeah.. Yeah Im alright." King replied rubbing the back of his neck
Y/n chuckled and leaned into King, her and his face only inches apart.
"We should probably get going." Y/n whispered, while King became a blushing mess.  She placed a soft kiss on his lips, it only lasted a few seconds but it was filled with love.
"Lets find Ban and the group".

im so sorry for not updating for a month