Chapter 18

A/n : Hi everyone ! So I have good newssss, I know you were all probably expecting a longer hiatus but Im feeling better and I wanna give you guys another chapter. Sorry for that wait! Im doing a lot better mentally and Im finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel! I love you all sm for the support you give me. Onwards!!

NO POV

As Y/n and King got up, a loud 'boom' was heard in the distance. They gave each other a quick glance, nodding before running towards the noise. They expected that the group was where the noise was. As they neared the Sacred Tree, they noticed a towering monster hovering over the fairies, who looks like insects compared to the monster. King's jaw dropped, for what reason was this monster here?
Y/n quickly sprung into action, noticing Ban making his way into the tree. Meliodas and Diane on the other hand were busy trying to fight the monster. "Cmon King! They need help! I'll tend to the injured fairies! Help them fight damnit, protect this land the way you couldnt before!" Y/n yelled, snapping King out of his trance. She was right, he had to help, he couldn't let them down, not again. Y/n ran the opposite direction, towards injured fairies that layed on the ground. King watched and she quickly tended to them and brought them to a safe place, before springing into combat. "Captain! What is this thing?!" King questioned to Meliodas, "Don't know! I thought maybe you would've known bu-" Meliodas got cut off by the monster, who swung its arm slamming him into the tree. "Sir Meliodas!" Elizabeth could be heard, making her way to the injured Captain. King seemed almost frozen in fear. He failed to protect his people once already. He can not do it again.

Switch to Y/n's POV (idk how to write fight scenes very well so-)

As I tended to the injured fairies, I noticed Ban walking into the Sacred Tree. I quickly placed the fragile fairy down and followed him in curiosity. I poked my head into the opening, my eyes widened at the sight. Elaine....
I quietly hid mysef behind a bush, it wasn't much but it was enough to keep me out of sight. I watched as he leaned over her pale body and whispered something into her ear. I knew Ban has been trying to find a way to resurrect her. It was a peaceful enviornment until a blonde fairy popped out of nowhere. (guys i cant remember the fairy's name feajfhrksdas bare with me). I watched from the comfort of the bush (lol) as the blonde seemed to yell at Ban. Telling him how he "killed Elaine?"

This went on for a few minutes, before the fairy threatened to kill Ban, she quickly manipulated roots of a tree, and aimed them towards Ban. My eyes widened in realization in what was about to happen. I jumped up from my spot, and ran full speed towards Ban jumping infront of him. "Y/n?!" I hear him yell, "You idiot what are you doing!?!" Shit he's right, what was I doing. I wanted to do something and protect him, but he's immortal. I quickly jumped up, the roots of the tree now impaling my thigh rather than my chest. I let out an agonizing scream, as I felt warm blood trickle down my skin. It felt hot, like my leg was burning. I fell from my spot into the air onto the grass. The blonde fairy let out a 'tsk', "Take this as a warning." She said before walking out of the scene. Sobs and screams left my lips, the pain growing throughout my leg. I was losing blood by the second. "Shit! Y/n!" Ban exclaimed, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around the wound. He quickly picked me up, but I fell unconcious before we reached outside. Everything going black

No POV

King wasn't in any better shape. His one v one fight against the monster was messy. Wounds littered his body, yet he was still unaware of his lover's current state. King though, successfully beat the monster, earning cheers from the fairies. "Captain!" Everyone heard Ban yell, "It's Y/n!" King stopped in his place. 'Shit what happened, no no no, please no.' he thought to himself. He rushed over to Ban. Seeing his red jacket covered in crimson blood. There sat an unconcious Y/n in his friend's arms. Blood now covering her leg. Meliodas ran up to Ban and Y/n, "We have to get her to a doctor, NOW" he directed. Ban's eyes met King's and could tell King wanted to care for Y/n. "No no no, not again please" King whispered, memories from the past replaying in his head. He gently took Y/n from Ban's arms and cradled her close to his chest. "You'll be ok, everything's going to be fi-fine." He choked on a sob, he couldn't protect her the first time, he had to this time.

A/n : i literally hate my writing, ewwwieee
this book kinda sucks im sorry for the shitty chapter its been a while since I wrote anything.