Excuses

Prompt: Person A is on a ladder decorating for Person C's birthday and Person B keeps telling them to fix it just so they can keep staring at Person A's ass.

Jaskier is the Queen of decorating for special occasions. He would always go to the nearest party store and buy everything needed (sometimes things they didn't need), then spend most of the day preparing for the occasion. Even if no one wanted him to decorate- he did it anyway.

Cirilla's ninth birthday was no different. It was also a birthday for the gods' sake- who wouldn't decorate for such a thing? People who didn't know how to have fun, was Jaskier's answer. (And she loved each party he threw)

"Geralt, will you help me set up the ladder so I can hang the strings and balloons?" Thank the gods his boyfriend has the day off too, an extra pair of hands is always nice. Well- if he was called for a case, then he needed to go in, but that was awfully rare on his days off.

Geralt grunted in response. If he had known that he would be spending his day off preparing for his daughter's party with Jaskier- he would've asked the chief to let him be there anyway. As much as he loved the brunette, preparing for parties wasn't his style. (And Jaskier always went a little over the top)

Once the ladder was set up, Jaskier took careful steps to make it up there, a nail in his mouth, and a hammer in his free hand. The decorations that needed to be hung were on the table below him, which Geralt would be giving him.

It only took a few minutes to put everything together, but Geralt wasn't quite concerned about the time, though his daughter would be home in twenty minutes. His eyes were focused on the ass above him, something that he didn't want to take his eyes off of.

"Geralt? Does everything look right? Like the banner and the balloons- do they look good together?" Jaskier always loved a second opinion, even when his boyfriend didn't give two shits about it.

Geralt hummed. "No, I think the balloons need to be more spread out." He didn't take his eyes off Jaskier's ass, not worried about the brunette figuring it out either.

A groan left the brunette's lips. "Very well, if you're absolutely sure." He reached up, standing on his toes a bit to move the balloons a bit away from one another. "How about now?"

"Hmm... the strings, they're a bit out of place..." his voice sounded distant, like he was stuck in his own little trance. And that got Jaskier's attention.

"Geralt Rivia! This is serious shit, stop staring at my ass and answer realistically!" Jaskier huffed, kicking his boyfriend's chin with his heel. "Everything was fine before, wasn't it?"

The Witcher grumbled a 'yes'. He should've known that wouldn't work too well.

Jaskier huffed again and stepped down the ladder. "You can stare later, darling, and maybe do a little more." He lightly patted his cheek. "Now, help me put this ladder away, Ciri and Yennefer will be back soon."